Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tom Brown Jr. opinions

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JSandi View Post
    His survival books are worth a read, just to add tools to your survival tool box, most of which is common sense survival, but worth re-reading.

His tracking book is akin to drinking a cup of peyote and trying to comune with the spirit world, as others have said the book by David Scott Donelan is well worth the money.

Another great read if you can find it is the book by Jack Kearney, Tracking : A Blueprint for Learning How.

thanks for the heads up
    Joshua 1:9

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.

Feedback Score
    Been to his classes, learned a lot of good stuff that added tools to my toolbox. I also know a few web footed types who went on the Navy's dime and most negative thing I've heard is "Tom's a bit out there" but they also admit to learning a lot of good stuff as well.

Feedback Score
    Weather you are looking to learn wilderness survival skills or tracking alot better options exsist that Tom Brown.

If you are looking at taking a survival course there are several great instructors throughout the US. Much better and with alot less contoversy that Brown. My personal opinion is that he may have skills but he is a fraud.

For tracking David Scott-Donelan, Joel Hardin are the best.

Feedback Score
    I enjoyed Tracker and read many good tips in his book about how to teach your children not to get lost.
    "Men speak of natural rights, but I challenge any one to show where in nature any rights existed or were recognized until there was established for their declaration and protection a duly promulgated body of corresponding laws." --Calvin Coolidge

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12