Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: This is getting rediculous...ammo prices

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    AIM and widener are the only two I use they seem to be part of the Non rape you crowd

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I recently received a catalog from "Cheaper Than Dirt". It had me laughing for some time. The prices were beyond ridiculous.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." –Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers

Feedback Score
    My local dealer did not raise prices much but instead limits people to 2 boxes. I am not sure that is better though than raising prices and giving people the option to buy or not.

Having short-term higher prices helps increase production and stabilize supply. In fact I decided it was time for me to surplus some ammo so I brought about 16K rounds to a dealer and was happy to sell it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rsilvers View Post
    My local dealer did not raise prices much but instead limits people to 2 boxes. I am not sure that is better though than raising prices and giving people the option to buy or not.
    I wonder what percentage of the hoarders are active shooters, people with irrational fears or people just looking to make a quick buck off those with irrational fears. As an active shooter, i.e. someone that shoots several hundred rounds (of various calibers) a month, this hoarding is intolerable.

I get people buying all the mags and weapons that might be subject to an AWB part deux but I don't understand the irrational fear that ammo will suddenly disappear one day, especially in light of Heller and the recent 9th Circuit's decision to incorporate the second amendment. Ammo isn't going anywhere and the government won't be able to levy insane taxes to prevent it use.

Feedback Score
    Not sure it was irrational as ammo, guns, and magazines are either hard to get now or very expensive. Ammo can go away or require a serial number and $1 per round tax to pay medical bills for victims. Look at what happened to cigarettes.

Feedback Score
    Stop complaining & give your money to DILLON PRECISION. Yes, component prices are up too - though you still save a lot of $$. What are you afraid of?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rsilvers View Post
    Not sure it was irrational as ammo, guns, and magazines are either hard to get now or very expensive. Ammo can go away or require a serial number and $1 per round tax to pay medical bills for victims. Look at what happened to cigarettes.

Ammo is fundamental to the exercise of second amendment. Without ammo the amendment loses it's meaning. After Heller the game changed. The level of scrutiny now required for legislating the second amendment got an order of magnitude stiffer. I suspect a $1 tax per round would be viewed as dimly by the court as a 400% tax surcharge applied only to the ink used in newspapers would be, or a 500% tax on all religious materials. The chances of that happening rest somewhere between 1% and zero with zero being the much more likely outcome. Smoking cigarettes is not a constitutionally protected activity and is more easily regulated than constitutional rights. This hysteria over ammo is irrational.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TY44934 View Post
    Stop complaining & give your money to DILLON PRECISION. Yes, component prices are up too - though you still save a lot of $$. What are you afraid of?
    I own a dillion. Care to tell me who has primers, powder and bullet heads in stock and isn't trying to rape people on prices? Powder Valley is no longer accepting orders for primers because they have a 50 million dollar back order. That's just one company. I suspect that the total back log on primers nationally is now in the billions range. Even that part of the industry has been savaged by the hoarders.

Edited to add: I meant 50 million primers not 50 million dollars.
    Last edited by rubberneck; 05-14-09 at 17:04.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rubberneck View Post
    I own a dillion. Care to tell me who has primers, powder and bullet heads in stock and isn't trying to rape people on prices? Powder Valley is no longer accepting orders for primers because they have a 50 million dollar back order. That's just one company. I suspect that the total back log on primers nationally is now in the billions range. Even that part of the industry has been savaged by the hoarders.
    Exactamundo.

I was ready to pull the trigger on a 550B a couple months ago, till I started looking for small rifle and pistol primers. HA!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Sadly Ammuntiontogo has become a joke.

Sad to hear. Bought many thousands of rounds from John and Tracy without issue up until about 2 years ago. Still have much of it in fact.

But none recently, what's the issue? Just wondering since I was thinking of them only yesterday for a possible order.

Edit: After viewing the current pricing, I think I see your issue.
    Last edited by Safetyhit; 05-14-09 at 19:43.
    "Facit Omina Voluntas = The Will Decides" - Army Chief

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast