Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: M870 Tactical

Feedback Score

M870 Tactical

I found an 870 express tactical in a local shop. The price was $399. It has black plastic furniture and a mag. extension. I have little experience with firearms, so I was wondering if this shotgun is a good investment, or if I should keep looking. Thoughts?
    "The most successful people are those who are good at plan B."
    -James Yorke

"Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less."
    - Robert E. Lee

"Death is nature's way of telling you that you failed."
    -SAS Commando

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    A good price for a 870 TAC, I'd buy it. Put a side saddle, a Surefire fore-end light, and a Knoxx stock on it and you'll have a sweet shooting boomstick.
    Last edited by kmrtnsn; 05-16-09 at 23:38.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kmrtnsn View Post
    A good price for a 870 TAC, I'd buy it. Put a side saddle, a Surefire fore-end light, and a Knoxx stock on it and you'll have a sweet shooting boomstick.
    I agree.

It's hard to go wrong with an 870 IMHO.

Biker

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Besides Parkerization (?Spelling), does anyone know the difference between the 870P Police Magnum and the M870 Tactical...?

Feedback Score
    Love my 870. I have the original 18.5" bbl, 14" bbl. and 12" bbl for all occasions. It rocks for HD.

MadDog

Feedback Score

Tactical Remmy

I like mine too

Feedback Score
    Malleus: I really like that UBR stock on your Remmy. I wanted to go that way but I couldn't find one anywhere when I set mine up. They were just too new at the time and nobody had any in stock (no pun intended).

MadDog

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Maddog, which hand stopper is on the foregrip? Surefire M69 rail? How do you like the SOPMOD on the shotgun? Build looks great! I've got a similar build planned/procured for while I'm home with an Emod and a Desert Recon tactical 870 as the basis. I'll post pics when I'm done. The top-rail/high mount was backorderd for almost 2 months--and I wasn't able to get the recoil reduced version. I can always add it later.

Cheers!

Feedback Score
    MadDog, who makes that whole stock/rail setup?

Malleus, who makes the rail atop your barrel?

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I can answer most of that...

The stock adapter is a mesa tactical High Mount adapter with rail. I believe his forend is a Surefire M69 with Tango Down panels cut to fit. The stock is an LMT SOPMOD in FDE. Not sure if he's using a standard carbine buffer or the enidine recoil reducer. The pistol grip is a falcon suregrip in FDE. The side saddle looks like mesa tactical (90380). The optic is a Trijicon RX01 with ARMS mount, possibly the NSN version but can't tell 100%. The small RX's all kind of look the same.

I'm not sure what his forerail/hand stop adapter is.

I can't see Maelleus' photo, but I'm guessing its probably the S&J if it runs almost all the way to the end of the barrel is connects to the stock adapter the same as Maddogs.
    Last edited by ryanm; 05-28-09 at 12:12.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast