Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: $20 Level II Vest at the flea market!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    That looks like the vest that KBR issues to their personnel in country. Weighs about 40 lbs. and I wouldn't trust it to stop a pellet gun.
    I don't think you would want to take it for long walks in the park..... I had it on for about 3 min and it was noticable heavy. You can feel it in your feet! I feel bad for you ppor kids over there in the war, you have got to have sore backs and sore feet from all the crap you have on all day.
    I save money using AMSOIL full synthetic lubricants. Do you?
    http://www.lubedealer.com/DiscountPowerParts/home.aspx

Feedback Score
    Here is the label:

(Model 434-C Smith and Wesson Barrier Vest)

Feedback Score
    That is an interesting antique. S&W made armor way back in the day. The vest conforms to the 01 standard while NIJ is on to 06. I don't recall anyone making a Level I vest. Most consider Level II a minimum and IIIA is pretty common. That said, if the vest was maintained, it will probably still stop whatever it is rated for.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Perspiration breaks down the fibres, as does continued flexing. This is why body armor has a five year shelf life. This thing is well past done if it is as old as it appears.

Feedback Score
    Looks like an old 80s-ish 'assault' armor to me
    Second Amendment Absolutist!

"Speed costs money, How fast do you want to go?"
    -seen on a speed shop in Michigan

Feedback Score
    That's Awesome, my question is : How the hell did you get him down to $20.00 from his initial asking price of $500.00 ?
    Now that's some serious bartering right there.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimdo View Post
    That's Awesome, my question is : How the hell did you get him down to $20.00 from his initial asking price of $500.00 ?
    Because he had absolutely no clue, and I trumped him with barely a clue!

I explained to him that it was so old and exposed to who knows what and is not worth more than a conversation piece. I honestly feel that way about the thing, its a 30 year old item that I wouldn't trust to stop more than a fist.

After I convinced him of my vast experiance with such things , he believed everything I said and decided that the $20 offer was a fair offer for a useless relic that can be used for display only. It took almost an hour of convincing and bartering.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimdo View Post
    I was wondering the same thing. Larry, I'm taking you with me to the dealer when I buy my next car. David

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitehorne View Post
    I was wondering the same thing. Larry, I'm taking you with me to the dealer when I buy my next car. David
    I started life as a car salesman... maybe that experiance helps me. I know that I have never purchased a car that the entire sales team did not wish death upon me by the time it was over! I'm a asshole when it comes to buying a car.... but I get a good deal and if the deal is not going my way, I stand up and walk. Many times I have made the final part of the deal while setting in my "old" car in the parking lot with my engine running. I average 1 car purchase a year.... I just get bored with what I drive and I start jonesing for something else. This last 3 years I have stopped this trend and I am trying to keep my current junk until its paid off. Not sure I can pul that off!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12