Thread: "Mk12 Mod 2"

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
    Super nice setup ashooter!!!

...Love it when somebody takes a few thousand dollars of equipment, and sprays paint on it.
    Yeah, don't remind me how much it all cost...

I've sold a lot of stuff that I end up wishing I had kept... So if I can't think of a good reason to sell it, and I'm SURE that it fits the niche I want filled, I shoot it with paint and bang it around a bit so selling is no longer an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post

I paint my rifles exactly the same way. Not quite as good of results. But it seems like the 'worse' of a job you do painting sometimes, the better it conceals in the field!

Surprised you are keeping a standard trigger and stock on it... or are you?

Oh yeah, I'm very interested in your data concerning the difference in bullet drop between a suppressed and non-suppressed barrel. I can't find it in your post... were the groups pictured shot at 100 yards?
    Yeah, these were 100 yd groups. Basically just looking for a decent zero before I started "confirming" it and holdover calcs on the steel plates. I may fine tune my zero and holdovers a bit later, but for now I'm happy with ringing steel way out yonder. "Minute of torso" at 700 yards with a 5.56 is close enough for me!

Oh yeah - My zero shift with this can on this barrel seems to be about 2 MOA to 6 o'clock. Pretty much mirrors my results with other 16-18 inch stainless steel barrels I've used this can on over the years. I guess 4150 is a lot stiffer because I've shot this can on 3 different 14.5" M4 barrels and had pretty insignificant zero shift - less than 1 MOA to 6 o'clock... The zero shift works out pretty slick with this rifle - unsuppressed I have a 200 yard zero, and with the suppressor I have a 100 yard zero.

edit to add - Yes, I'm keeping the A1 stock and std trigger. The trigger is actually pretty nice for a std trigger. A little creep and a little heavy, but not crunchy like my other M4ish carbines. If it was as bad as my Mk18ish, I'd have to do something with it.
    Last edited by ashooter; 05-24-09 at 08:23.