Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: GRSC Scope

Feedback Score
    Nifty! Just a question, what's your version of affordable? I've seen people call $3600 light fixtures affordable. I'll have to watch both scopes closely! I really love my Meuller APV and if their 1-4x is comparable in price and quality my money might lie there. However the GRSC offering sounds really neat. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what affordable is

ETA: Any pics of the GRSC?

Feedback Score
    I recall a few years ago Ed's scope i wont say cause its not my place but the bdc is cool

the mueller will be about 300-350 range

Feedback Score

GRSC scope pictures

NYETI,
    Here are some pictures of the scope and the scope reticle. I'll follow up with more information as soon as I can.

ACTUAL SIZE OF SCOPE ON AR15 RIFLE

SPECS
    • 1-4X 24mm front objective (true 1X)
    • 30mm one piece tube
    • fast focus eyepiece with diopter range -2 +3.5
    • exit pupil 1X 24mm 4X 6mm
    • full multi-coated lenses
    • eye relief 1X approx. 3.5" 4X approx. 3"
    • nitrogen filled
    • water proof 3ft for 1 minute
    • shock proof tested at 2000g
    • glass etched FFP GPC M4-62 illuminated reticle
    • illumination reostat has 11 settings with off position between each setting
    • CR 2032 battery
    • battery life approx. 100hours on max illumination
    • spare battery storage under windage turret cap
    • windage and elevation adjustment .25" clicks
    • weight 16oz
    • length 11.25"-12" (dependent on eyepiece adjustment)
    • warranty 2 years
    • MSRP $450 Introductory price $350 (call for military, L.E., Firefighter discount)
    • expected delivery June '07

Feedback Score
    4 (83%)

Thumbs up

OK at that price I will take one soon! Where do I sign up at? I have been wanting a 1-4x scope for my carbine but at some of the prices I decided to hold off but now.....Im ready for one! Thanks for posting!

Grunt Out!

Feedback Score

Thumbs up *Drool*

Oh Please be as good as advertised! That is a great optic for that price, you can count me in if it proves to be a solid and robust piece of equipment.

Keep it up!
    A good name is to be chosen rather than great riches...

Feedback Score
    Having shot one, I want one, too. This thing comes into its own on the 300 yard plus arena. It is so easy to both range and shoot without ever touching a single knob, and in a manner that should work well in the real world (using the head as the object to range).

Many folks have already started the whole "made in China" issue. Well, I know for a fact that Ed has tried to get this thing done by numerous U.S. companies and been met with 'not invented here" syndrome, or they just can't do them at a price point where average soldiers and cops can afford them. It has been a real battle. The company that is doing them for Ed is both established, and from what I have seen, responsive. The optical clarity on the prototype I shot is very impressive for the price.

Hopefully, some forward thinking dealers (that's a hint Grant) will jump on this thing early, and they can start making their way into the hands of the folks who can really use them.
    "Cpl ##### is condescending and abrassive towards coworks who don't follow directions" my favorite evaluation quote........if I'm like that at work, you should see me on the internet .

"Even if I order you to trim your mustache, you're going to totally ignore me, huh".-another favorite supervisor "discussion".

Feedback Score
    Interesting, very interesting... in a good way.

Feedback Score
    I guess it looks like the Horseshoe is back then?

This is looking like it could be a really great deal, considering the next step up is the $720 Meopta.
    Suspicion Breeds Confidence

Feedback Score
    I'll take one.

Feedback Score
    The specs are certainly interesting. I would venture that many of us just can't afford/justify the S&B offering, and that creates a huge opening in the optics market.

The reticle on this offering seems terribly busy. It would seem that a specialized optic like this wouldn't really need the offset ranging marks. They aren't distracting in the "daylight" pics, but when the reticle was lit, the sight picture was busy. I wonder how well one would be able to get a quick snap sight picture from the low ready. I'd like to be able to spend time with one before making a final judgement, but at this point, I have some reservations. I look forward to seeing more, though.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast