Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: GRSC Scope

Feedback Score
    The GRSC Combat Rifle Scope
    (CRS)

Objective:
    Enhance the lethality/survivability of the individual war fighter in combat during day and low light conditions.

The CRS with the proprietary General Purpose Combat M4-62
    (U.S. patent # 7100320 and other patents pending) illuminated reticle was
    designed to meet this objective.

Features:
    This reticle consists of :
    1. A 4 MOA thick horseshoe
    2. A 10 MOA window (hollow area) in the center of the horseshoe
    3. Six Mil Dots to the left and right of the horseshoe
    4.Ten inch ranging circles (head size)
    5.Small aiming dots extending downward from the center of the horseshoe window.
    6. 10 inch long horizontal lead lines
    7. 11 position illumination rheostat
    Instructions:

Zeroing:
    The bottom of the scope tube should be about two inches above the bore of the barrel
    Put scope on four power
    Focus rear eye piece
    Use first aiming dot in the center of the horseshoe window
    Zero two inches low point of aim point of impact at twenty-five yards.

This reticle is calibrated for the M4 rifle firing M855 ammo

How to use the reticle:
    The Horseshoe:
    For CQB to two hundred yard speed shooting set the scope on low power. The horseshoe will be your aiming point. The reticle on this scope is on the first focal plane so the horseshoe will get smaller as you decrease the magnification. At low power the horseshoe will appear as a big dot (see picture below).

The long range precision portion of the reticle will get very small and not be useable. As the distance to your target increases the target will appear smaller and the horseshoe will now look like a circle on your target. At CQB to two hundred yards the horseshoe reticle performs as a big dot or circle type aiming point to increase your speed on target. The horseshoe is 4 MOA thick, 18 MOA wide (shoulder width at one-hundred yards). See picture below.

The Window:
    The hollow center of the horseshoe is called the window. The window of the horseshoe is 10 MOA (head size at one hundred yards).

With the proper zero your bullet will hit on or very near the center of the horseshoe from 0 to 250 yards.

The Mil Dots:
    The 6 mil dots to the left and right of the horseshoe serve as anti-canting guide lines and may also be used for ranging.

How To Use The Ten Inch Ranging Circles:
    The hollow center of the horseshoe is called the window. The window is used for fast ranging on a man sized target at one, two , and three hundred yards. It is 10 MOA. This equals ten inches at 100 yards ( head size ).
    See picture below.

Twenty inches at 200 yards (approximately shoulder width). (See picture below).

Thirty inches at three hundred yards (approximately half a mans body length). Half the window equals ten inches at 200 yards ( head size ).

Ranging Circles:
    As described above the window of the horseshoe is to be used as a ranging circle on a mans head at 100 yards.

Half the window of the horseshoe will range a mans head at 200 yards.

The first ranging circle in the center of the lower horseshoe will range a mans head at 300 yards.

The ranging circles below the horseshoe to the left and right of the aiming dot labeled number 4 range a mans head at 400 yards. (see picture below).

The ranging circles below the horseshoe to the left and right of the aiming dot labeled number 5 range a mans head at 500 yards.

The Aiming Dots:
    As the magnification of the scope is increased the aiming dots will clearly come into view. The aiming dots extend downward from the center of the window. (see picture below) .

The first dot is 1 MOA, it is your aiming point for precision shooting from 0 to 250 yards.

The 2nd aiming dot inside the 300 yard ranging circle is .75 MOA. It is your aiming point at 3 hundred yards.

The 3rd through 7th aiming dots are .5 MOA.

The 3rd dot is your aiming dot at four hundred yards.
    The 4th,6th ,and 7th dots are non caliber specific aiming dots.

The 5th dot is your aiming dot at 500 yards.

Horizontal Lead Lines:
    The horizontal lead lines allow you to adjust your aiming point for a moving target or windy conditions.

The horizontal lines below the horseshoe allow you to lead a target in 10 inch increments (half frontal body width or full body width sideways) at 4 and 5 hundred yards.

The horizontal lines are 10 inches long at 4 and 5 hundred yards, the space between the horizontal lines is 10 inches at 4 and 5 hundred yards.

Once you have determined the distance to your target using the ranging circles, follow the horizontal lead lines to the center aiming dot. This will be your aiming point for that distance.(see picture below).

Illumination:
    This scope has adjustable illumination in the form of an 11 position rheostat.

The number 1 position is the dimmest and number 11 is the brightest.

The illumination knob can be turned in either direction.

A half turn between any numbered position will turn the illumination off.

In summary:

Advantages Of The GRSC CRS/ GPC M4-62 Reticle Scope

Most experienced shooters will agree the fastest aiming points for CQB to midrange shooting situations are circle or dot type reticles. At low magnification the 4 MOA thick horseshoe of the M4-62 reticle provides the speed of a big dot for CQB, and a circle at midrange distances.
    Increasing the magnification provides a fast simple ranging system combined with precision aiming points out to at least 5 hundred yards.
    The 11 position rheostat provides illumination for various shooting environments.

www.GRSC.com

Feedback Score
    Thank you for the very informative post. I wonder if you could post a picture or two of the view through the optic in daylight with lit reticle.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dubb-1 View Post
    Thank you for the very informative post. I wonder if you could post a picture or two of the view through the optic in daylight with lit reticle.
    I may have a sample of the the production scope next week , the illumination on this scope is supposed to be brighter than the preproduction scope I have. I'll get a picture of this up as soon as it comes in.

Ed
    GRSC

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    Since the reticle is calibrated for use with 62gr. bullets, would there be much deviation when using 55gr. bullets in reference to the holdovers on the reticle?

I want to know also

Feedback Score
    The estimated price still looking good?

Feedback Score
    Thanks, Ed. Nobody has ever confused me with an optimist, but I am becoming rather "anxious".

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by KiloSierra View Post
    The estimated price still looking good?
    10-4 civilian price $350.00 +S&H

ED

GRSC

Feedback Score
    Does that mean there will be a LE price?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Sounds like a good price and a good optic. I'd be willing to try one out on a new upper I'm building.
    Professional Babysitter

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Well I'm number 380 on the list out of 500. Should be shipping around June. Thanks Ed!
    Professional Babysitter

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast