Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: HK416???

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    That price is nuts. "I" got 2 complete guns and two uppers for less than that cost.
    Kevin S. Boland
    Manager, Federal Sales
    FN America, LLC
    Office: 703.288.3500 x181 | Mobile: 407-451-4544 | Fax: 703.288.4505
    www.fnhusa.com

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Ian has a source for you Dinger...

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant
    From what I just saw come out of Magpul, HK can keep the 416!

C4
    +1

IMO, there's never been less reason to buy anything from Heckler & Koch.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    POFs gas piston upper built around a VIS is here now or almost now- even more of a reason...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Bunch of haters. In two years (maybe) when Magpul has weapons ready to sell (maybe) to the general public (maybe), I'm all for having a little showdown. Someone bring one of the plastic fantastics (I have a feeling my AWB state will be left out) and I'll provide the 416...well half of one but close enough.

Yes, the prices are crazy. But supply and demand rule. $7500 for an $1100 retrofit kit sounds nuts but if you want it, you want it. People readily pay $10 k for an HK sear that's less than $5 of metal and labor. The last two 416 uppers I saw for sale went in less than a day. If you sell it, they shall come.
    "No you don't, sunshine"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cohiba
    Bunch of haters. In two years (maybe) when Magpul has weapons ready to sell (maybe) to the general public (maybe), I'm all for having a little showdown. Someone bring one of the plastic fantastics (I have a feeling my AWB state will be left out) and I'll provide the 416...well half of one but close enough.

Yes, the prices are crazy. But supply and demand rule. $7500 for an $1100 retrofit kit sounds nuts but if you want it, you want it. People readily pay $10 k for an HK sear that's less than $5 of metal and labor. The last two 416 uppers I saw for sale went in less than a day. If you sell it, they shall come.
    $5k worth of metal and labor? How so?

KIAs are built with less than $5000 in metal and labor.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SuicideHz
    $5k worth of metal and labor? How so?
    Sear. $5, not $5k.
    GLOCK PREFECTION

Feedback Score
    God I love the net.....

In one post guys will whine about the masada being $1400 and how they would only buy it if it were sub 900 dollars and how the gun does nothing better than a standard AR and then in other post someone is willing to pay 7K for an upper that is the same as a regular AR??? What am I missing?

I looked at the HK and the Masada at the show and I was more impressed with the latter. Target delivery date is 18 months with a selling price of $1400 and I plan on getting one as soon as they are available. In the mean time I will look for a nice reliable AR to play in defensive carbine matches.

Thanks for the info on the HK.

Steve
    Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.
    Ambrose Redmoon

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cohiba

I hear you, cohiba. 45 years of evolution brings you this beauty........

That Magpul was impressive all right, but we should wait at least until the first range report before we anoint it the 'next coming'

Though with Magpul's track record of successes with other product intros, not many will bet against them.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Hey Cohiba

Have you shot your 416 yet or do you just caress it?

take care

n

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast