Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: KISS Rifles

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kwelz View Post
    I guess I should have better defines what I see as a KISS rifle.
    It is similar to what Sundance just said. Basic sights, no rails, no optics, no lights, etc.

It isn't from some misguided thought that any of this new fangled stuff can't be trusted. It is more of just a fun project to build a lite simple rifle.
    I refer to that as a "Reduced Capability Rifle".

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Back in the land of Waffle House and sweet tea!!!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I've definitely got a KISS carbine (though some of the parts aren't "original gov't issue". They are the parts I bought to go on the rifle though...

Since these pics I have added a Surefire G2 in a VTAC light mount and an IDF sling. Once I have the money I'll add an Aimpoint Comp ML2 (probably) in the proper mount... and I'd still call the rifle a KISS carbine at that point.

I'm in the same camp as Rob_s and The_Katar... a RDS, sling, and light are just about mandatory on a fighting rifle - anything above that starts over-complicating the rifle and negating KISS status (in my book).
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

The will to win is worthless if you do not have the will to prepare. -Thane Yost

Whining in a forum that people have seen your thread, but not replied, reeks of an odd brand of desperation. - Me

Titling your thread "To XYZ or Not to XYZ" will cause me to completely ignore your thread.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Katar View Post
    I refer to that as a "Reduced Capability Rifle".
    I see no reason to throw money into an Amish Rifle.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    To me a rifle is a tool and the purpose of that tool is to save your life if need be. For me, I want a rifle that will give me a higher percentage of coming out alive and that means equipping it with at least an RDS. These give a significant advantage over irons thus giving you a better chance at surviving. The AR platform is versatile so I see no reason not to take advantage of its versatility. Im not saying everyone should put every accessory known to man on it but ones that you can utilize effectively and efficiently.

On the other hand if you have money to just blow and you have other ARs that can do the job, I guess its not a problem.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    I see no reason to throw money into an Amish Rifle.
    Agreed, unless that is all you can afford at the time.

Feedback Score

Going to add a light here soon.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The only problem with KISS is that at the end of the day you're still stupid.

Feedback Score
    247 (100%)
    The KISS rifle for both necessity and fun. Necessity for my wife of lighter build. This was not not a outright light weight carbine, but pretty close. A Colt LW barrel, Colt SP-1 lower, a demoted Aimpoint M2.Attachment 2485

For me KISS is simply a case of retro/fun. No optics, pure and simple.Attachment 2486
    Last edited by m4fun; 05-24-09 at 07:35.
    Glocks are functional tools and nothing else, hence they have no soul - Rob S.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NCPatrolAR View Post
    The only problem with KISS is that at the end of the day you're still stupid.

For a moment there I thought that I was on TOS.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast