Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Hackathorn CQB 101 Class AAR

Feedback Score
    To start off id like to thank everyone who was involved with putting this class together.

For me personally the class was a life changing experience.

I think some basic training like trigger control, basic weapon manipulation, etc. really went a long way to enable people to soak up more of the instruction on CQB.

The instructors were top notch. Some people are good at what they do but are not good teachers. This was not the case in this class. The instructions were clear and the group was watched very closely to make sure things were done correctly. When there were issues they were taken care of quickly. The fix could be anywhere from some one on one attention to small reminders to get you back on track...ie..."quick, cover the bad holes before I see them" or my fav, "(name) U CHEATING ****"

Pre class prep was also a HUGE help. Running my gear with a full load and making sure everything was in order also allowed me to learn more while I was at class instead of worrying or fighting my gear... Sight all guns. Have back up guns. Extra ammo. 10 mags or more (less reloading at bad times and no worries). Boolets loose in cans for easy loading and transport. Sun screen. Hat. Kit to carry stuff like mags, water, pen, paper, etc. etc etc.

BTW black ninja outfit made it a little warmer for me and the armor was an added treat...Thank god im used to heavier armor and was born and raised in Hawaii.

One of the interesting things about the class was the sheer amount of mental concentration one needed to complete the class. Switching between the thinking brain and lizard brain and making sure things went were they were supposed to go, beat me up. Knowing your gear really helped in this aspect because you could use more brain power on other things when you were familiar with your gear.

The drills learned at this class are great and with a little bit of work I can use them here at home.

The class was pretty fast paced because of time constraints but I think we were all given enough time to pick up the ideas so we could continue to drill at home. Use it or loose it.

Other tid bits and highlights include.

Dude. Dont shoot the wall...well...we could use rubber boolets.

AWWWW! I only shot her in the collar bone...Shes Aaaright...she survived.

Clear on the left! BLAMBLAMBLAMBLAM....dude! you just destroyed the guy i just saved.

Clear on the left. Clear on the right... ... ... uuuh... you guys sure the room is cleared? (bad guy target standing behind good guy target)

You dont jump into the room like Starsky and Hutch!!!

Be carefull of the uzi stick mags they have a bad habit of throwing out rounds if u bump them...(5min later) bump raaaaaaa *fountain of boolets*

You guys shot all the good guy targets!?!?!?!? There were good guy targets??? YA...the ones with their hands up. I didnt know there was an international sign for "im a good guy"

What is that taget holding...is it a radio...explosives detonater...odd gun shape...?????EEK bad guy target!

I know im leaving out stuff but bottom line a GREAT class and a GREAT time.
    Last edited by HawaiianBob; 05-28-09 at 19:30.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek_Connor View Post
    I wish more instructors would be open to this.
    Every fixed facility carbine course I've attended offered a single man room clearing exercise, in some cases multiple runs.

The OVT facility is excellent, I think they even offer a rappelling course

TDI-Ohio's Tac Rifle II course has several blocks on one man room clearing as well as the same in low light.

Itinerant instructors are usually limited by their host range facilities.

It is also time/instructor/safety intensive to actually run a shoot house. So you will always have a large group waiting to go vs. actually doing it unless there are other stations set up (back to time/instructor resources)

Feedback Score
    Good report Bob! I dont know who would have shot the guy you saved four times. What a douche.

I do agree that being familiar with your gear and comfortable with your marksmanship skills really is a big plus when you go into lizard mode and have much more important things to think about. Like not shooting Angelina. LOL
    Adam-Bomb

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

More pics!

Just got back from vacation so here are some more pics.

C4

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    More fun and exciting when done at 0200
    My future's determined by Thieves, thugs, and vermin
    My rights are denied by Those least qualified
    Everything's backwards In Americana

Feedback Score
    247 (100%)
    Wow - appears to be a great class.

When is the next one?
    Glocks are functional tools and nothing else, hence they have no soul - Rob S.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345