Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hackathorn CQB 101 Class AAR

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 30 cal slut View Post
    you guys got to shoot 5.56 in the house?

frangible?

me jealous.
    Yes, 556 in the house. No frange. All targets were positioned on the outside walls.

C4

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    This is certainly one I wish I could have attended. Unfortunately time and finances did not allow...

Good CQB training is always a sound investment.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Looks like it was a great class. I would have loved to attended but I was on call for several superior court cases. The attendees were extremely lucky to be able to run 5.56 in the house.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    It was a daylight class for learning CQB.

C4
    i love that house.
    Doing my part to keep malls safe

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    I'm jealous. The last time I did CQB training was out at BW. It's probably some of the best training one can get.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    It was a daylight class for learning CQB.

C4
    Just a quick/possibly dumb question, why a CQB and team tactics course for civilians?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 30 cal slut View Post
    i love that house.
    It is a good shoot house for sure.

Personally I think that target placement was very good (read hard) than it was during low light. This caused many a shooter to kill a hostage.

C4

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuukka View Post
    Just a quick/possibly dumb question, why a CQB and team tactics course for civilians?
    Individual clearing was also taught (fyi).

Knowing how to properly clear a home, which is 100% relevant, is always a good idea.

So who is on your two/four man team you ask? Your wife, child, friend, neighbor, etc.

The MOST realistic shooting situation you will be in (as a civy) is a home invasion AKA CQB.

C4

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuukka View Post
    It's not a dumb question at all. A lot of people wonder the same thing.

The answer is this: Because the ordinary civilian deals with the very same threats that the guys with badges and body armor deal with. If you're nestled snug in your bed when you hear your daughter scream bloody murder as some scumbag tries to break into her room, you and the wife teaming up to go ruin that ****er's day would be a good thing.

The same guys that the police gear up in body armor and machine guns to go deal with have a bad habit of hurting ordinary people who don't have body armor and machineguns.

Single-man CQB is the most likely to be used by the average joe...but if you have a situation where you have access to help, it would be good to have it.

CQB training is a tool in the toolbox. A tool everyone who carries a weapon for a legitimate purpose ought to know.
    Last edited by John_Wayne777; 05-25-09 at 18:02.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    I'm jealous. The last time I did CQB training was out at BW. It's probably some of the best training one can get.
    Amen! As far as I am concerned, CQB training is the single most important thing you can learn (as a civy).

C4

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast