Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cop Impersonator Arrested After Calling For Backup

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlosDJackal View Post
    I think you may be painting this situation with a very broad brush. Of the thousands of retired Police Cruisers, there has only been a small percentage that has been misused in this manner. I personally know of an individual who bought one because (a) It was a great deal; and (b) Because it gave him another vehicle to use at the range and around town without adding mileage to his BMW. I would love to get my hands on one for the same purpose; and I am far from a being a wannabe.
    Agreed. I was planning on hitting the FHP auctions when I moved down here to find a replacement for my 96 Mercury Cougar and there weren't many cars that fit my wants/needs (plenty of cargo/people room, 4-doors, V8, RWD, under $10k). The Crown Vic appealed to me for several reasons outside of that as well (proven track record, abundance of spare parts, huge trunk, decent fuel economy for what it is) and I liked the idea of a P71 for the extras (dual exhaust, heavier suspension, etc.). I guess had I bought a retied P71 from the FHP I'd be lumped in with this looney basket. Good thing I bought a P74 that a grandma/grandpa had traded in instead.

I will say though, the Vic rides smooooth on the Interstate . . . and down here in God's Waiting Room a gold Crown Vic might as well be urban camo.

[/hijack]

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlosDJackal View Post
    I think you may be painting this situation with a very broad brush. Of the thousands of retired Police Cruisers, there has only been a small percentage that has been misused in this manner. I personally know of an individual who bought one because (a) It was a great deal; and (b) Because it gave him another vehicle to use at the range and around town without adding mileage to his BMW. I would love to get my hands on one for the same purpose; and I am far from a being a wannabe.

FWIW, I agree with your wife about not stopping unless she is in a well-lit area and there are witnesses. I always tell women that they cannot get in trouble by erring on the side of caution as long as they do not try to evade.

I recommend that women take the following steps (or some variation) when they are not sure about the individual who is trying to pull them over:

1) Turn on your 4-way blinkers.
    2) Reduce your speed to that of the posted speed limit. This lets the Officer know that you have seen them and are acknowledging their presence.
    3) Dial 9-1-1 and inform them of where you are and your situation. Request that another marked unit be dispatched to intercept you or meet you at a well-lit area.
    4) If you do not find an area that you can safely pull over AND is well-lit AND has witnesses, keep going.
    5) Once a second marked unit arrives at your scene AND the 9-1-1 dispatcher has assured you that both of them are legitimate LEOs, pull over at the first SAFE PLACE you come across. DO NOT hang up on the 9-1-1 dispatcher until you feel safe. It would not hurt to ask them of the Officers' names and/or Unit/Badge number for verification.
    6) Once you have pulled over, DO NOT open your window all the way unless you verify that the individuals approaching you are legitimate
    Good luck with that. Perhaps with an unmarked unit something like this could get pulled and pay off but the cases in which this wouldn't result in an unnecessary escalation of the situation are slim.

Blinkers on, pull to the RIGHT, slow down, drive to lit and populated area.

PASSING lit and populated areas while using the phone (which we can see you doing) is not a great idea. 911 call taker would have to relay that info to dispatch who would relay it to us (if she didn't attempt to filter such a strange request through her supervisor and mine first) AND another unit would need to be available... AND nearby..... Can't just drive around for 20 mins waiting for another unit to clear and get to you just so you can pull over cause your husband/bf/friend said to do it this way. Just wouldn't end well is all I'm saying.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SWATcop1911 View Post
    We have one of those in our jurisdiction. He was once an armored car driver then a security officer. I've personally locked him up but that was after he tried to pull me over while I was on duty....in uniform....driving a marked unit.

Some people never cease to amaze me.
    Some people's purpose in life is solely to provide amusement for the rest of us.
    My brother saw Deliverance and bought a Bow. I saw Deliverance and bought an AR-15.

Feedback Score
    There is a guy like this in my neighborhood. He thinks he's some kind of emergency responder. He is mentally ill and doesn't know better and, even though the police have told him to stop it, he keeps on doing crazy stuff like this.

He has yellow flashers in his car and he will direct traffic if the stop lights are out, or pull over to help EMS and Fire Units, even as they are screaming at him to get the hell away. All with his equally mentally ill wife in the car waiting for him.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Elwood: You don't like it?
    Jake: No I don't like it...
    [Elwood Blues floors the pedal and jumps over an open drawbridge]
    Jake: Car's got a lot of pickup.
    Elwood: It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
    [a brief thinking pause while Jake throws the cigarette lighter out the window]
    Jake: Fix the cigarette lighter.
    It is bad policy to fear the resentment of an enemy. -Ethan Allen

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutshot John View Post
    Elwood: You don't like it?
    Jake: No I don't like it...
    [Elwood Blues floors the pedal and jumps over an open drawbridge]
    Jake: Car's got a lot of pickup.
    Elwood: It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
    [a brief thinking pause while Jake throws the cigarette lighter out the window]
    Jake: Fix the cigarette lighter.
    Dude, as I was reading this post "Can't Turn You Loose" from the Blues Brothers soundtrack came up on my iTunes rotation. I kid you not!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by killswitch1982 View Post
    Dude, as I was reading this post "Can't Turn You Loose" from the Blues Brothers soundtrack came up on my iTunes rotation. I kid you not!
    I think God does this sometimes just to see if we are paying attention.
    My brother saw Deliverance and bought a Bow. I saw Deliverance and bought an AR-15.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    There's a guy in my neighborhood that has an old Caprice Classic retired copper car... the rounded body style, painted black and white.

Instead of "to protect and serve", he painted "to torture and enslave" or some such nonsense on the vehicle. We have a variety of ASU college ****tards in our neighborhood.

There is a cult following for the CVPI police cars. Not too many of the fans of the "panther" cars are cop wannabees. It's like anything else, the dumbest of the lot make everyone look bad.

Feedback Score
    32 (97%)
    I always wanted a black one, There's a borough down the street that has an all blacked out Dodge Charger unit
    I must study politics and war, that our sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. - John Adams

The AK guys are all about the reach around. - Garand Thumb.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    There's a guy in my neighborhood that has an old Caprice Classic retired copper car... the rounded body style, painted black and white.

Instead of "to protect and serve", he painted "to torture and enslave" or some such nonsense on the vehicle. We have a variety of ASU college ****tards in our neighborhood.
    He might just be a Transformers fan.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast