Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Where to find Hornady TAP 5.56

Feedback Score
    Yeah I mean it would be nice to have 75 gr TAP 5.56 but you can't go wrong with the tap .223 and the black hills 75gr bthp. I shoot all three

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Fulton Armory has Black Hills 75gr Red Box (new manufacture) in stock. $35.75 per 50 rd box.

http://www.fulton-armory.com/index.htm

Same bullet as TAP, loaded by Black Hills, and cheap for top shelf .223 self defense ammo, whats not to love!
    Last edited by Hunter Rose; 06-03-09 at 18:33.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Rose View Post
    Fulton Armory has Black Hills 75gr Red Box (new manufacture) in stock. $35.75 per 50 rd box.

http://www.fulton-armory.com/index.htm

Same bullet as TAP, loaded by Black Hills, and cheap for top shelf .223 self defense ammo, whats not to love!
    Are you sure that it is the T2 bullet? I have to say that I am doubtful. I think that it is probably a very good round, since it is Black Hills.
    "Intelligence is not the ability to regurgitate information. It is the ability to make sound decisions on a consistent basis "--me

"Just remember, when you are talking to the average person, you are talking to a television set"--RDJB

One Big Ass Mistake America

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Not the T2 bullet as in .556 TAP but the T1 bullet w/ cannelure as in .223 TAP FPD (I believe).

That was from a year or two ago. I suppose Black Hills may have switched bullets by now.

I have some on the way and can take a look. How does one pull a bullet (I don't re-load so all my bullets get separated from their cases the old fashioned way)?
    Last edited by Hunter Rose; 06-03-09 at 19:38.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I heard back from Hornady. They are not currently selling to individuals, they hope to get the program back up and running ASAP and the lady was going to let me know when they do.

Iraqgunz: they may still be selling to you, or others in the mil, but not to individual LEO's, or they may be restricting certain ammo since I asked only about the 5.56 TAP.

The lady directed me to my local distributor, which I am already a customer of. They carry the 5.56 TAP, but only sell it to departments, not to any individuals. Gotta be a department paid for and authorized purchase. Is the 5.56 with the T2 bullet that much more deadly than the .223 with the T1 bullet?

They did not have or stock the 75 grain .223, which I guess is my next best option, but would order it for me. I have seen the .223 around quite a few places online so I will see what kind of pricing I can find on it.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I contacted Hornady's L/E representative and she advised me the same thing - - try the local distributors. I tried ordering the 75 grain 5.56mm bulk pack practice rounds. She gave me the contact information for three local distributors, but none of them had the bulk packs available. I ended up ordering .223s TAPs from Fulton, they had a good selection of Black Hills and Hornady and ship relatively quick.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by banzaijohn View Post
    I contacted Hornady's L/E representative and she advised me the same thing - - try the local distributors. I tried ordering the 75 grain 5.56mm bulk pack practice rounds. She gave me the contact information for three local distributors, but none of them had the bulk packs available. I ended up ordering .223s TAPs from Fulton, they had a good selection of Black Hills and Hornady and ship relatively quick.
    I tried the local distributors.

Hornady does not make a 75 gr 5.56 practice round, only 75 grain .223 practice round, which is FMJ(and if its like the 55gr is lacquer steel case) and does me no good in my search for 5.56 TAP JHP.

Again, I am not looking for .223 in either TAP or black hills as I can get both, I am looking for 5.56 TAP.

I dont mean to be an ass, but if you can not provide some type of way for me to find Hornady 5.56 TAP, dont even respond because anything less or different than 5.56 TAP is not what I am looking for.

Feedback Score
    Try GT Distributors, google them and call. They normally only sell the .223, but I have had success by giving them an item numer and they did a special order. Hornady item number for 5.56 TAP is 8126N.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by flyer View Post
    Try GT Distributors, google them and call. They normally only sell the .223, but I have had success by giving them an item numer and they did a special order. Hornady item number for 5.56 TAP is 8126N.
    GT's is where I normally shop. They would not sell the 5.56 to me since I am not a LEO/MIL and said it was strictly restricted to LEO/MIL even though I am on the list of people who can buy anything else from them. They dont carry the 75g .223 either, but said they would special order it for me.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    rjacobs,

You are right. The policy went into effect right after my last order. She said it would be a few months.

As for why they won't sell to you. My guess is this. They are idiots. In order to buy the TAP T2 you need to sign a waiver stating that you understand that the ammo should only be fired in 5.56 chambered weapons. I would simply ask for clarification and ask them if you can sign the waiver.

It would make no sense that Hornady would sell it direct, but GT won't when it's the same ammo. I am also not .MIL or LEO.

Quote Originally Posted by rjacobs View Post
    I heard back from Hornady. They are not currently selling to individuals, they hope to get the program back up and running ASAP and the lady was going to let me know when they do.

Iraqgunz: they may still be selling to you, or others in the mil, but not to individual LEO's, or they may be restricting certain ammo since I asked only about the 5.56 TAP.

The lady directed me to my local distributor, which I am already a customer of. They carry the 5.56 TAP, but only sell it to departments, not to any individuals. Gotta be a department paid for and authorized purchase. Is the 5.56 with the T2 bullet that much more deadly than the .223 with the T1 bullet?

They did not have or stock the 75 grain .223, which I guess is my next best option, but would order it for me. I have seen the .223 around quite a few places online so I will see what kind of pricing I can find on it.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast