Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ACTS - Monthly matches in Michigan

Feedback Score
    Does that rig make me look fat, resq47?

Wow i look good there................

Feedback Score
    I like that you guys shoot when it's cold. It's a good way to know for sure that your guns, gear, and "plans" work in the cold weather. If you don't test it, it's only speculation.

Down here in Indiana, we used to shoot (USPSA) regardless of the weather, but things have changed. Our 3-gun for yesterday (Sunday 28JAN07) was cancelled because of the weather just because the windchill was below zero. Needless to say, I was disappointed. I don't think the actual temp went below +10F until the sun went down, but I'll admit the 20-30mph winds made it a bit brisk while I was outside for other purposes.

In my opinion, you're not having fun in the cold until all external signs of being male have retracted into your body.

I think it's about +6 right now. I'm hoping to go below zero because we haven't done it this winter yet. Too bad there are no matches too shoot!

Feedback Score
    Our thought is this.........

No such thing as bad weather.............just bad clothing.

un;less its a tornado/lighting we shoot........... its not the typical game shooting either we dont allow comps brakes etc......... no game gear

you shoot what you fight in we have it all from old gi rigs to RAV and ciras and PC's, good first line kits............ to back pockets...........LEO/MIL/Contractors/ good guys and girls....

Feedback Score

Rhino - That shot and the one directly above were actually from a class last Saturday. Steve figures something in the neighborhood of 10k rounds downrange. Just have to love the guys (and girls) that come out to learn and train, WX irrelevant. Personally I'm just glad we don't get the snow here that we could be dealing with if we were farther north.

It's easier when you don't have to hump everything to the line

Feedback Score
    That's awesome! If I lived closer to you guys, I would have been there with you! Hey . . . shouldn't the k00l kIDz show up in some kind of winter camo, though??

We did have a Gunsite Carbine 123 here at Boone Co. with Capt..er...Sheriff Ken the first three days of December. The weather was . . . brisk (I get corrected when Sheriff Ken notices my use of "brisk" to describe the weather those days, so be ready for it). Almost all of the classes here happen in warm weather, though, and I suspect that December class will be the last.

I'll make another push in February for our matches to go. We did shoot our steel match this month, but it was a almost above freezing and mostly sunny, so it was downright comfy!

Feedback Score
    Rhino, its only 4 hour drive to the match for you.....

I did Pats class in 2006 at Sheriffs Ken's house great place to train.......... mine was in july only 100+ out

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    Rhino, its only 4 hour drive to the match for you.....
    Hey, Steve:

I thought it was farther, but I just checked Yahoo! maps and your estimate is pretty close. I'll have to convince someone else to make the trip with me, but you may see us some day.

Feedback Score
    Hey come up, shoot stay the night loca,l we drink beer and eat pizza after and tell lies

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blackhawk2000
    Cool, where are you coming from?
    Livonia

Gotta get ammo, then we'll be there.
    “For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know.”

Feedback Score
    Thought I knew that face in the avatar.........didnt i arrest you coming out of the bench pub? or was it masons. {a joke of course}

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast