Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Colt/Umarex M4

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rodent.22 View Post
    Wow- the Anti colt guys are about 10 to 1 over the actual owners....I've never seen a firearm product generate so much negative reaction. The average OWNER of one seems to be well pleased. The safety means nothing to me, the bolt hold-open works fine with a magazine, the lever not operating means nothing to me, and the forward assist knob is a plus, even if it doesn't work. Lay the Colt next to a real AR, it's a dead ringer. Feels like one too. I look at it for what it IS- a .22 made to look and feel like an AR- NOT an AR. The attached photo is my buddies Armalite with the Umarex/Colt. The Armalite has the strap.....If the mags were reversed you would be hard pressed to tell 'em apart...LOL

Oh dont get me wrong. I love my Colt. Just I have medium sized hands. I have to shift my weapon side hand's fire control position to actuate the safety switch. I would prefer a simple 90 turn. not 180 deg.

Feedback Score
    If the notion is to have a .22rf that works as much like the real thing as possible, then the S&W gets the nod. If you want pretty, then pick the Colt.
    Moon

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by halfmoonclip View Post
    If the notion is to have a .22rf that works as much like the real thing as possible, then the S&W gets the nod. If you want pretty, then pick the Colt.
    Moon
    Firearms are like women- every guy has a preference that differs from the next guy.....I like the Walther/Umarex/Colt- I also like the Smith, but I bought the W/U/C and I DON'T regret it....LOL

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rodent.22 View Post
    Firearms are like women- every guy has a preference that differs from the next guy.....I like the Walther/Umarex/Colt- I also like the Smith, but I bought the W/U/C and I DON'T regret it....LOL
    Hey, to each his own, and I didn't mean to argue. I'm happy with the Smith as well...no denying that it is fun to burn a serious amount of ammo in an AR-like platform without the big bill. Fun without guilt!
    Moon
    ETA-
    Why did it take manufacturers this long to figure it out?
    M

Feedback Score
    solscud007, nice mods on your colt. mine is still a work in progress, very happy with my colt 22lr.

Last edited by bm176; 11-23-09 at 04:21.

Feedback Score

so far so good

all these post kinda scared me a bit - took mine to the range yesterday and it ate a couple of hundred rounds 40 gr rn CCI Mini-Mags - lot of fun and like I said ... so far so good

Feedback Score
    Are the treads the same as the SIG?

I have one of these rifles as well. I have to say after seeing the S&W, I think I like it more. My opinion changed after I cleaned it.

Quote Originally Posted by Solscud007 View Post
    Nice. I got the same Colt M4 OPS. but I added some things to mine. I got an Eotech 512 and my Surefire weaponlight is not in the pic, but you get the idea.

Just shot it for the first time yesterday. used CCI stingers and only had a slight jam in the first round but after that smooth sailing. Im suprised how quiet my M4 is compared to my Sig Mosquito shooting the same round. But I guess that has to do with barrel length and the energy being 16 inches away from my head compared to the mosquito's 4-5 inches.
    Wade Karl Hoelcel
    NWA Tactical
    www.nwatactical.com
    sales@nwatactical.com
    P:479.922.2166
    F:479.471.0377

Feedback Score
    I recently purchased the COLT after looking at the S&W and the RUGER 10/22 look alike. I picked the COLT because of the weight and feel. Yes the bolt release and forward assist are for looks but it functions very well and the mags work. I have put about 700 rounds thru it in the last 2 weeks with no failures which is very unusual for any .22 with cheap ammo. I have cleaned it once after the 1st 200 rounds. I swapped out the rear sight for a fold down and put on a cheap TruGlo dot. I have 5 mags and IT IS FUN!!!!!!!!!
    "Being PARANOID is just plain smart thinking when they are really out to get you!"

Feedback Score
    I made a .22 AR out of a crappy 1/12 barrel I had laying around, and a carry handle upper in the parts pin. As an added bonus, I can put a real upper on it and shoot real bullets out of it.

I guess I don't get the whole 'look alike' .22 guns, because everyone who's been into ARs for more than a week or two probably has the parts laying around to make one (out of real parts) for the cost of a conversion kit (or less). It feels like a real AR because it IS a real AR, and all AR accessories fit and function just fine.
    Last edited by eodinert; 10-28-09 at 02:56.

Feedback Score
    Unless you have a full AR laying around to use, or enough parts to put one together, it is going to cost more when you add on a $200 conversion kit. I would rather just spend the $400-500 on a "fake" one, that can also use real AR accessories and that was made to shoot .22lr.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast