Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt/Umarex M4

Feedback Score

Colt/Umarex M4

Local store just received five of the .22 rimfire Colt marked, Umarex manufactured M4 type carbines. Shipped in a fairly durable cardboard box, it came with one magazine. The magazine and well appear to be proprietary. I am going to stop back with a Black Dog magazine and check for fit.

The carbine seems to be full size and handled well, without too much of the cheap "air soft" feel that I would have expected. I did not care for the safety that required close to 180 degrees of movement to gain a 'fire' position that allowed the gun to fire.

The magazine looks like it'll be easy to load, but may be unique to this design.

Priced at $599.

Last edited by Kilroy; 06-06-09 at 11:28. Reason: URL added...
    Avatar = Comparison between standard and high capacity clips.

Feedback Score
    From the other threads here, it's been stated the BD mags aren't compatible.

Feedback Score
    I just got one this weekend and have shot about 100 rounds with the rifle so far

Feedback Score
    BD mags are a no go, and the in store rail forearms would not fit. Appears Umarex may have exclusive dimensions for their products.

Feedback Score
    yeah this rifle has very little commonality in parts, but still is a hoot to shoot. I put mine next to my buddies Armalite M4, the .22 has no strap....

Feedback Score
    Nice. I got the same Colt M4 OPS. but I added some things to mine. I got an Eotech 512 and my Surefire weaponlight is not in the pic, but you get the idea.

Just shot it for the first time yesterday. used CCI stingers and only had a slight jam in the first round but after that smooth sailing. Im suprised how quiet my M4 is compared to my Sig Mosquito shooting the same round. But I guess that has to do with barrel length and the energy being 16 inches away from my head compared to the mosquito's 4-5 inches.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Saw some of these the other day, $559 for the basic and $609 for the railed.

Interesting, but I keep coming back to a conversion upper instead.

Feedback Score
    If you already have an AR then by all means get a conversion. I don't have another AR. I have played airsoft for 11 years and thought it was time to get a real firearm. I was gonna get the GSG-5 but the store I went to only had silver or gunmetal anniversary editions. I wanted black So I went with the Colt M4.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Solscud007 View Post
    Nice. I got the same Colt M4 OPS. but I added some things to mine. I got an Eotech 512 and my Surefire weaponlight is not in the pic, but you get the idea.

Just shot it for the first time yesterday. used CCI stingers and only had a slight jam in the first round but after that smooth sailing. Im suprised how quiet my M4 is compared to my Sig Mosquito shooting the same round. But I guess that has to do with barrel length and the energy being 16 inches away from my head compared to the mosquito's 4-5 inches.
    That tan and black looks great- a real nice dressout....
    Last edited by rodent.22; 09-04-09 at 11:44.

Feedback Score
    Thanks. I plan on getting the Magpul MIAD grip in Tan as well as the Magpul MBUS.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast