Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Colt/Umarex M4

Feedback Score
    It's another gun! Everyone needs another gun. Grab and go have fun.
    "Being PARANOID is just plain smart thinking when they are really out to get you!"

Feedback Score
    Also have to figure that these "fake" guns have 1/16"- 1/13&3/4"twist, the barrel twist is way less than a standard AR rifle.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul45 View Post
    I recently purchased the COLT after looking at the S&W and the RUGER 10/22 look alike. I picked the COLT because of the weight and feel. Yes the bolt release and forward assist are for looks but it functions very well and the mags work. I have put about 700 rounds thru it in the last 2 weeks with no failures which is very unusual for any .22 with cheap ammo. I have cleaned it once after the 1st 200 rounds. I swapped out the rear sight for a fold down and put on a cheap TruGlo dot. I have 5 mags and IT IS FUN!!!!!!!!!
    with you bro - for all the above reasons - way fun!

Feedback Score
    Here is what I've with mine.
    Cut the barrel to 10.5 inches, put a SOPMOD like stock, buffer tube has been marinized, Magazine modified to look like a regular 30 rounds mag.
    I also modified the selector to works like the original.
    I grinded the pistol grip to look like the M16A1 grip and I put a Aimpoint comp replica on it since the picture was taken.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JulienBoit View Post
    Here is what I've with mine.
    Cut the barrel to 10.5 inches, put a SOPMOD like stock, buffer tube has been marinized, Magazine modified to look like a regular 30 rounds mag.
    I also modified the selector to works like the original.
    I grinded the pistol grip to look like the M16A1 grip and I put a Aimpoint comp replica on it since the picture was taken.

What is Marinized? Also how did you mod the magazine and how did you mod the selector switch?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Price isn't everything - I decided to go the dedicated .22LR upper on a dedicated .22LR lower route using "normal" AR components. To be honest, the way things are going financially I suspect I'll be shooting it more than all my 5.56 ARs combined, so for me it's a good investment in a top-quality rimfire.

Feedback Score
    The stock was modified by drilling small holes in the locking tabs of the stock.
    Like the original LMT stock.
    The mag was cut to the proper length. I made a floorplate out of plastic. Drill and thread the mag body and put four screws on it.

For the selector, I made a notch inside the inner parts for the small ball that locks the lever in place. Then I took some material off the parts contacting the lever of the trigger.If you look at the exploded drawings of the carbine, this is part #73.
    I also removed some materials off part #61 which is the plug that fits into selector on the right side of the receiver.

Feedback Score
    You ought to discuss with someone making parts to modify Colt 22lrs to have the fire selector rotate properly. I would pay $50 for fully functional properly working fire selector.

Would pay for a FUNCTIONING bold release too....
    Last edited by Ick; 11-09-09 at 09:37.

Feedback Score
    Did anybody tried to perform a trigger job on their Umarex ?
    I tried to soften all edges with a stone and put some trigger grease on the parts, but it doesn't soften it enough.
    A friend tried to cut the spring but the final results are not convincing.

Feedback Score
    I have taken mine apart and considered trying to do something but choose not too. It is just a FUN gun - not a target gun. It's trigger pull is close to my PD AR. I just shoot it and smile!!!!! It's over 2 months old, has over 2500 rounds thru it. I love it! - I have not touched my PD AR or the tack driver or the 9mm. This is a fun gun - I shoot it every time I go to the range - about 2 x per week. Only malfunctions have been from DUD rounds.
    "Being PARANOID is just plain smart thinking when they are really out to get you!"

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast