Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First Build Questions

Feedback Score
    Bravo (BCM) pre built uppers are among the best out there. JTAC and Adco build great uppers and I wouldn't hesitate to buy from any of these guys. I love the SunDevil lowers. BUIS are a very personal selection IMO, just be careful with YHM. Everyone above has given great advice. Listen to it and read more.

TS
    Haji don't surf!
    I Buy C Products Magazines

AR15Armory.com

Feedback Score
    This may seem like a silly question, but to ensure I'm not missing a componet can someone list what is nessecary for a build?

I know I need a Lower, Lower Part's Kit, Match Trigger, Pre Built Upper, Free Float system, Stock, what am I missing?

Feedback Score
    BCM comes well recommended. But you'll need to add a BCG and a charging handle. I'm assuming their BCG's are complete with extractors, ejectors, pins, springs, FPs, etc. Someone else chime in if this is wrong.

Other companies offerisng may come complete so be sure to check everything out.

Regarding the stock, you'll need the buffer tube/receiver extension, the castle nut, pins and detents, etc. Many kits though come complete with all the parts.

If you get a flat top, you ought to get a rear BUIS. Folder definitely if using an ACOG or conventional scope, either fixed or folder if using an unmagnified red dot. But if red dot is paired with a magnifier then you will need a folder as well.

can't think of anything else off the top of my head.

Feedback Score
    Are you dead set on a match trigger? I haven't had a lot of success with any of them aside from the Accuracy Speaks, and I think I've tried them all aside from the Geiselle.

IMHO, just get a lower parts kit from CMT and shoot the heck out of it. It'll smooth out over time, and end up being pretty darn nice. It will also not cost a premium, or sacrifice any reliability.

As far as the rest of your list goes, that's pretty much it aside from a bolt and carrier, and a charging handle.

BTW, here's a BCM 14.5" (that just arrived today) on a SBR lower with some Schmidt and Bender goodness.

I pretty much removed it from the box, checked to make sure the packing material hadn't obstructed the bore or anything, stuck a filthy CMT bolt and carrier in it, and slapped it on my lower right after I got it. I installed a pair of ratty old M4 handguards, walked out the back door onto the range, and emptied the 7 loaded mags I had waiting. No lube, no cleaning, no nothing. Worked perfect, just as expected.

I'm a Colt KoolAid drinker, and I can honestly say that aside from a 6933 I plan on picking up in the future, I'll probably be using BCM barrels from now on. They're just that damn good.
    Save the Pandas!

-Tally Fortenberry
    -Capco Small Arms Research Group

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12