Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: McDonnell, Deeds are the VA Gubernotorial nominees

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

McDonnell, Deeds are the VA Gubernotorial nominees

And both have voted/supported the removal of the restrictions on non-drinkers who cannot carry in places like Applebees.

In other words, FU Tim Kaine!!!!
    My brother saw Deliverance and bought a Bow. I saw Deliverance and bought an AR-15.

Feedback Score

+1 on the FU

Feedback Score
    What's the story on Deeds? Thought I heard one of his ads on WTOP mention something about him supporting efforts to remove the "gun show loophole" but haven't heard it again to confirm.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Metal View Post
    And both have voted/supported the removal of the restrictions on non-drinkers who cannot carry in places like Applebees.
    Well, you can't legally carry concealed.

While I have often carry openly in restaurants, it would be nice to have the concealed option back again.
    GLOCK PREFECTION

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1SFG View Post
    What's the story on Deeds? Thought I heard one of his ads on WTOP mention something about him supporting efforts to remove the "gun show loophole" but haven't heard it again to confirm.
    Right. Deeds isn't perfect, but he's generally considered "pro-gun." That's big, especially since he's a Democrat.

It's also huge that he's reportedly on board with ending the ban on concealed carry in restaurants. Ending that ban has passed the legislature for the past two years, only to be vetoed by Governor Tim "the eyebrow" Kaine (D).

Driving in to work this morning, the radio was on an FM morning show. The DJs were surprised that Deeds won, and mentioned something to the effect of "officials credited his pro-gun stance."
    GLOCK PREFECTION

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DrMark View Post
    The DJs were surprised that Deeds won, and mentioned something to the effect of "officials credited his pro-gun stance."
    That's the good thing about Virginia....you don't have register to a party to vote.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Well, you can't legally carry concealed.

While I have often carry openly in restaurants, it would be nice to have the concealed option back again.
    That is the point. You can't today but likely will this time next year.
    My brother saw Deliverance and bought a Bow. I saw Deliverance and bought an AR-15.

Feedback Score
    247 (100%)
    Blue dogs got it figured out - pro gun democrats seem to float through without much problems. I think they simply piss of their own left wing wakos.

I used to think Schumer was somebody vie for the anti-christ role, that is until the last election. Schumer's strategy to get these moderate democrats elected, mainly in the Senate really worked.

Now if the rest of the country who are ignorant of issues just see where the past 100+ days of govt have taken us, maybe things might improve overall.
    Glocks are functional tools and nothing else, hence they have no soul - Rob S.

Feedback Score
    Driving in to work this morning, the radio was on an FM morning show. The DJs were surprised that Deeds won, and mentioned something to the effect of "officials credited his pro-gun stance."
    I read in the paper that both his opponents campaigned against his pro-gun positions after he started coming on in the polls. I think Moran was actively running on an anti-gun platform. Given that Deeds got as many votes as both of them combined, that didn't seem to hurt him too much. I've also read that Deeds was in favor of closing "some" of the "gun show loophole". I don't know just what that's supposed to mean.

Anyway, I voted. I figured I had as much right to tell the Democrats who I wanted them to run as anyone else in Virginia. My shorthand summary of the candidates: Deeds, the carpetbagger and that other guy.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I've also read that Deeds was in favor of closing "some" of the "gun show loophole". I don't know just what that's supposed to mean.
    What is means it is is a safe bone to throw the left on the issue because there isn't a snowballs chance in hell the House of Deligates or the State Senate will put it on his desk. Kind of like Bush and the AWB.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast