Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What snake is this thing, Black Rat Snake?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Metal View Post
    The real danger handling a Black Rat snake is it will musk you like a junior grade skunk.
    They do stink like a SOB, but not as bad as most water snakes. At least they don't usually shit on you like smaller snakes.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dmanflynn View Post
    I know up where i lived we have a real bad problem every year with copperheads. I live or lived rather, in eastern KY and now i live in the city But ive known several times where black snakes and copperheads mix i guess, and you get the idea all you have is a harmless black snake but in reality its poisenous. I dont know how this happens to tell you the truth but i know it happens. you cant tell its a copperhead till you get right up on it, which sometimes is too late. I cant tell you how many times ive lifted a peice a plywood or scrap and almost shat my pants. Thats why when i treck through the woods i try an keep my "judge" revolver, its quite the little snake gun with some .410's in it. Hell, your snake problem might just be that excuse youve been looking for to buy another gun
    WTH, I didn't realize that "The Island of Dr. Moreau" was in eastern KY.
    Married to my hero life saver best friend wife & proud father of 2.

BSmith "But, some of the shit falls under the "just because you can..."
    Iraqgunz "Enough of your nonsense. Please check yourself post haste."
    markm "If you like the side charger and see the lack of dust cover as a plus, you should double down on bad ideas and get a piston as well. A case of Independece Ammo will be the icing on the cake."

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Metal View Post
    The real danger handling a Black Rat snake is it will musk you like a junior grade skunk.
    I'll bet I smelled one yesterday while doing yard work. I swear I smelled a skunk yesterday and even commented to the kids that I thought a skunk was somewhere around. Now I wonder if a Rat snake was hanging out close by.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dmanflynn View Post
    I know up where i lived we have a real bad problem every year with copperheads. I live or lived rather, in eastern KY and now i live in the city But ive known several times where black snakes and copperheads mix i guess, and you get the idea all you have is a harmless black snake but in reality its poisenous. I dont know how this happens to tell you the truth but i know it happens. you cant tell its a copperhead till you get right up on it, which sometimes is too late. I cant tell you how many times ive lifted a peice a plywood or scrap and almost shat my pants. Thats why when i treck through the woods i try an keep my "judge" revolver, its quite the little snake gun with some .410's in it. Hell, your snake problem might just be that excuse youve been looking for to buy another gun
    Black Snakes and Copperheads cannot interbreed. They might share a den but they absolutely cannot interbreed. You would have better luck crossing a dog and a cat.
    My brother saw Deliverance and bought a Bow. I saw Deliverance and bought an AR-15.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234