Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Magpul ACS Stock Review

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shark View Post
    Any release date yet?????!!!!

I need a new stock! (Actually, my SOPMOD is going on my SR25 clone that I'm building.) Hence the need for a Magpul stock.
    Hey Shark my next project I want to do a SR25 clone do you mind sharing the information you have found on quality parts etc? I still want 2 of the new magpul stocks when they come out.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Nice review!

Off topic a bit: who made the 'hawk in the original post?

Feedback Score
    Excellent review!

Did you find that the rubber buttplate hung-up when mounting the rifle up quickly?

Ditto on the hawk question.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KYPD View Post
    Excellent review!

Did you find that the rubber buttplate hung-up when mounting the rifle up quickly?

Ditto on the hawk question.

No problems with the rubber end piece, I use them on all of my duty and training weapons. They allow for one handed work of the weapon in unusual positions (clearing and checking under beds etc.) so that the stock doesn't slide off your shoulder.

The Hawk is made by RMJtactical.com, mine has been absconded with my some .mil friends. I know I'll get it back eventually.
    Last edited by Stickman; 07-27-09 at 19:31.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks for the pics and review Stickman.

The ACS looks longer overall than the CTR/MOE. Is this the case or are my eyes playing tricks on me?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The hawk is cool but what about the knife?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ga Shooter View Post
    Hey Shark my next project I want to do a SR25 clone do you mind sharing the information you have found on quality parts etc? I still want 2 of the new magpul stocks when they come out.
    No prob, GA Shooter! Not sure what upper I'm going with, but the lower "might" be a CMMG. Found some here locally. Probably use the DPMS LPK, since availabilty is good.

Feedback Score
    I'm hoping to get a couple of these as well for some 16" guns.

I like the CTR for my SBR's, and I have a UBR on my SR15, but this looks great for the other builds.
    Last edited by wicked_police; 08-02-09 at 17:47.
    I AM a CanadianGunSlinger!!!!!!

Cede Nullis

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Stickman- The only thing the picture of the locker full of M16's needs is Jessica Simpson nude in front of it(with me.................her). Seriously, not to hijack, but look at JS in Dukes of Hazzard(what a hard body) and picture that thing naked. Is there a more American/hot woman? Can you tell I just watched the movie?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewdanger View Post
    Thanks for the pics and review Stickman.

The ACS looks longer overall than the CTR/MOE. Is this the case or are my eyes playing tricks on me?

Yes, its a little longer, but I can't remember exactly how much. I would guess about an inch.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast