Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: On Target v1.10 precision calculator...(free)

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

On Target v1.10 precision calculator...(free)

Hi gents, much like the thread I started asking members to submit their definition of what "semi auto precision" means to them if they planned on participating much within this sub forum, I would like to now see members download and utilize a precision calculator if they plan on ever posting group pictures within this sub forum. This should help make our semi auto precision sub forum more scientific and professional in nature. Groups are meaningless if one can't interpret the results or measurements of them...without a measurement they are just holes in a piece of paper. Obviously this is only a request, not a requirement.

It doesn't take very long at all to understand how to correctly use this software and it's not gonna cost you a dime to utilize it.

Free Download...

DL page:
    http://www.ontargetshooting.com/download1.html

Direct link to DL:
    http://www.ontargetshooting.com/OnTarget-setup110.exe

Feedback Score
    Thanks!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIDENT82 View Post
    Hi gents, much like the thread I started asking members to submit their definition of what "semi auto precision" means to them if they planned on participating much within this sub forum, I would like to now see members download and utilize a precision calculator if they plan on ever posting group pictures within this sub forum. This should help make our semi auto precision sub forum more scientific and professional in nature.
    Thanks. I've found that I need to photograph my groups with a ruler in order to properly calibrate the calculator. Anyway, thanks for the link!

Feedback Score
    I agree. The calculator is awesome, free and should be used, along with 10 shot group(s).

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=82297

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Thank you Trident! Very well done and now I don't have to take a ruler or eyeball it and go hmmmm.

Feedback Score
    I have been doing the whole shoot and see method the Mil/Police trained me to do for years and although its worked for the most part I am still open for new things. So I downloaded the software and tried it on an old target I had. I inputed all the info it asked me, (I think) and the groups dont really match my ruler that well. Is there any input I missed? Heres what I entered:

Target distance:
    Hole Size:
    Ploted 10 holes:

I know I have to be missing something like target size and what not, so where does this info go?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    ETA...I'm just gonna replace my step by step directions and pictures w. this much cleaner DEMO VIDEO....

http://www.ontargetshooting.com/vide...rgetdemo2.html
    Last edited by ALCOAR; 09-26-11 at 00:49.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Any programs available for use on a MAC?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The OnTarget Mac package Requires an Intel™ Processor, it will not run on older PowerPC Macs. Additionally, OnTarget uses WINE to interpret Windows-native code into something that Mac OS X can run; WINE requires X11 to run (a cross-platform windowing system distributed with OS X). Below are instructions to install X11 for use with OnTarget.

Installing OnTarget-Mac under Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard); X11 Comes Preinstalled.
    http://www.ontargetshooting.com/OnTarget-Mac.dmg

Installing OnTarget-Mac under OS X 10.5 (Leopard); You must install X11 first...

1 Insert your Mac OS X Install disc. (If you have two discs it will be the Install Disc 1).

2 In the window that pops up double click on Optional Installs (You may need to scroll down).

3 In the new window that pops up double click on Optional Installs.mpkg.

4 In the installation window click Continue.

5 Read through the License Agreement and choose Continue if you agree.

6 Click the triangle next to Applications in order to expand the directory.

7 Put a check in X11.

8 Click Continue.

9 Click Install.

10 Wait for the installation to complete and then click Close when it is complete.

11 Download OnTarget v1.10 for Mac.(the first link I posted above)

12 Install OnTarget-Mac.

13 Run OnTarget.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks, just found it this morning.

Can't wait to get it installed and working.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast