Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sabre Defense Question

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanS
    I got my SDI midlegth upper from Talon Arms. When it arrived, the receiver had Anchor Harvey markings. So tell me...is this really an SDI upper or one put together by Talon Arms?
    That just means Anchor Harvey forged the upper receiver, it doesn't however mean that AH did the machining nor the anodizing.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    I got my SDI midlegth upper from Talon Arms. When it arrived, the receiver had Anchor Harvey markings. So tell me...is this really an SDI upper or one put together by Talon Arms?
    The AH forge marking, tells you nothing. Colt, LMT, Stag, etc, etc all use forging's from a variety of companies.

As far as me calling out dealers for pushing fake SD uppers, that isn't going to happen.

What I will tell you, is that a 16" M4 upper with an A3 carry handle should cost you somewhere around the $870 range. This price is based off their 2007 catalog.

C4

Feedback Score
    So who is this manufacturer thats making all this stuff for fn?

Feedback Score
    I am fairly certain that if you ordered it from Talon, its a Sabre upper.
    Protego quod vallo.
    Si vis pacem para bellum.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ssmoore
    So who is this manufacturer thats making all this stuff for fn?

We at FN Manufacturer 100% of our upper's in house. I hope this awnsers your question.

Brett
    Brett W

Elite Defense
    Vice President of Domestic Sales and Marketing

FN Senior Manager of Assault Weapons - SCAR Program 2006-2010
    Former Troy Industries Inc Director of Operations 2003-2006

Each Warrior wants to leave the mark of his will, his signature, on important acts he touches. This is not the voice of ego but of the human spirit, rising up and declaring that it has something to contribute to the solution of the hardest problems, no matter how vexing!
    -Pat Riley

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SinnFéinM1911
    We at FN Manufacturer 100% of our upper's in house. I hope this awnsers your question.

Brett

Hey Brett, check you PM for who is stating otherwise.

C4

Feedback Score
    I was tracking, but now I am completely cornfused.....
    "If I didn't know you, I'd probably go get something and kill you with it." yeabillieboa

Feedback Score
    I dug out my Sabre Defence Industries info from SHOT Show 2007, and here's what they say:

From the message by Guy Savage, president, at the beginning of the brochure:

"Other manufacturers assemble their rifles with parts purchased from various machine shops. It cuts costs, but their tolerances have to be looser in order to make sure everything fits together."

"That's just not good enough for Sabre. The uppers, lowers and barrels on our weapons are manufactured in-house to incredibly tight tolerances. The result is a weapon with superior fit and finish — a difference you can see and feel."

From the "About Sabre" section of their brochure:

"We custom mill most of our rifle parts as well as the barrel in order to produce superior fit, finish and performance."

What I'm assuming that all boils down to is they get their upper receiver forgings from one of the three places everyone else does, but that they then mill those forgings in-house. Is that the way you guys read it?

John
    "The matter is summed up for every person alive: Either submit, or live under the suzerainty of Islam, or die." — Osama bin Laden

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 55Kingpin
    I was tracking, but now I am completely cornfused.....

All of FN's Uppers are made in house. PM me if you have any questions.

Brett
    Brett W

Elite Defense
    Vice President of Domestic Sales and Marketing

FN Senior Manager of Assault Weapons - SCAR Program 2006-2010
    Former Troy Industries Inc Director of Operations 2003-2006

Each Warrior wants to leave the mark of his will, his signature, on important acts he touches. This is not the voice of ego but of the human spirit, rising up and declaring that it has something to contribute to the solution of the hardest problems, no matter how vexing!
    -Pat Riley

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Grendelizer
    I dug out my Sabre Defence Industries info from SHOT Show 2007, and here's what they say:

From the message by Guy Savage, president, at the beginning of the brochure:

"Other manufacturers assemble their rifles with parts purchased from various machine shops. It cuts costs, but their tolerances have to be looser in order to make sure everything fits together."

"That's just not good enough for Sabre. The uppers, lowers and barrels on our weapons are manufactured in-house to incredibly tight tolerances. The result is a weapon with superior fit and finish — a difference you can see and feel."

From the "About Sabre" section of their brochure:

"We custom mill most of our rifle parts as well as the barrel in order to produce superior fit, finish and performance."

What I'm assuming that all boils down to is they get their upper receiver forgings from one of the three places everyone else does, but that they then mill those forgings in-house. Is that the way you guys read it?

John
    That is my understanding.
    Protego quod vallo.
    Si vis pacem para bellum.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast