Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Inadvertent Black Eye for Air Force

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Well, no wonder I'm confused...why in the hell wouldn't they sell them??

I guess I shouldn't be surprised anything that involves the govt but this seems wasteful in the worst of ways. Thanks for the clarification.

Still at a loss....
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    Sheeple who are scared of the evil black guns wouldn't know the difference, only those of us that are vets or regular shooters even noticed.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FMF_Doc View Post
    Sheeple who are scared of the evil black guns wouldn't know the difference, only those of us that are vets or regular shooters even noticed.
    Or anybody who's ever grown up around guns period.

Feedback Score
    They probably shoot better without all that "stuff" getting in their line of sight.
    Don't Fear The Night.
    Fear What Hunts At Night.
    US ARMY INFANTRY
    HOOAH!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlelebowski View Post
    A the Air Force is afraid of weapons as an institution.
    You have no idea how true this really is! I had my first requal this year and I wanted to pull out what hair I didnt shave off. I got "smacked for not ejecting a mag after a 3rnd string, then when I had a double feed I performed remedial action and got a public ass chewing because it was a saftey issue. Seems that the bbl needs to be checked with a cleaning rod to make sure there are no obstructions . Then when it came to the night shoot with nvgs and peq 4's, I put all my rounds in the head of the target (all you need to do is hit it) and was threatened with having to requal.

The whole process was agonizingly slow and it took about 10 hours to do shotgun pistol and rifle quals.

EDIT: The qual was for a Security Forces unit.

-DM-
    Last edited by R1pper; 06-15-09 at 20:46.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick Manley View Post
    You have no idea how true this really is! I had my first requal this year and I wanted to pull out what hair I didnt shave off. I got "smacked for not ejecting a mag after a 3rnd string, then when I had a double feed I performed remedial action and got a public ass chewing because it was a saftey issue. Seems that the bbl needs to be checked with a cleaning rod to make sure there are no obstructions . Then when it came to the night shoot with nvgs and peq 4's, I put all my rounds in the head of the target (all you need to do is hit it) and was threatened with having to requal.

The whole process was agonizingly slow and it took about 10 hours to do shotgun pistol and rifle quals.

EDIT: The qual was for a Security Forces unit.

-DM-
    That's just sad. I thought Army range-isms were bad, but that's got us beat.

Feedback Score
    Ripping on stupid policies put in place by pantywaist politicians _ not the AF. This country would be a safer place if all our servicemen were actually trained how to fight and armed at all times (they weren't partying).

I'm an AF veteran (Cold War, ECM/ELING SR-71 & U2) but I could shoot when I got there.

They wanted us to keep our personal weapons locked up at the AP armory. I did that for the first month, then told them I was keeping them at a buddy's apartment off base. They were really in my locker in my barracks room.

When I saw that film clip I flashed back to those Walker Texas Ranger Episodes where the bad guys went after victims and Walker with Ruger 77s with no sights or optics at all. Scary...

Now I'm rethinking. Maybe it's a clever Psyops ploy to make our enemies think our warfighters are hitting them in the head in the dark using the front sights only...
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. " _ Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Artos View Post
    ...What would the cost diff really be from selling and replacing comparied to the milling work??
    It's no a matter of cost. It's a matter of politics. They completely demill all sorts of weapons that are no longer in use rather than selling off non-registered parts for the same reason.

Not only does this create jobs, it negates the possibility that any of the parts (i.e.: the removable carrying handle) can be used in a rifle that is used in a crime. Our tax money at work!!
    We must not believe the Evil One when he tells us that there is nothing we can do in the face of violence, injustice and sin. - Pope Francis I

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I hope the media keeps making us look bad in our weapons training program. Maybe leadership will get fed up (just like the PT program we use to have) and send us through proper training.
    Last edited by Shotdown; 06-15-09 at 22:05.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shotdown View Post
    I hope the media keeps making us look bad in our weapons training program. Maybe leadership will get fed up (just like the PT program we use to have) and send us through proper training.
    I heard that the bicycles have been taken away.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast