Thread: 6.8 barrels and SSA combat loads....

Feedback Score

6.8 barrels and SSA combat loads....

Anyone know what all 6.8 barrels out there will work with SSA's combat loads?
    Protego quod vallo.
    Si vis pacem para bellum.

Feedback Score
    I just got looking at some over at CMMG's site....

Cr Lined and they specify on their site that they are good to go with Silver State

(whether or not this is all of SS's loadings and bullet types and weights I dunno)

I'm still fence sitting waiting to see what shakes out with the Grendel and Hornady.

Though a 6.8 Masada might strongly compell me to put the dog and his house up for sale...(& I'd throw in the lawnmower)
    It is legal to hunt, kill, and eat porcupines, armadillos and badgers in Texas.

Feedback Score
    Its my understanding that CMMG's barrels will work with all commercial loads including SSA's, EXCEPT their "combat" loads.
    Protego quod vallo.
    Si vis pacem para bellum.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    FWIW. I've shot alot of different SSA loads in my 6.8spc upper built by PRI and never had a problem.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye
    Anyone know what all 6.8 barrels out there will work with SSA's combat loads?
    http://ko-tonics.com/KT68.html 4140 but they claim to handle the SS +
    6.8 Rem Spc loads?

hth
    It is legal to hunt, kill, and eat porcupines, armadillos and badgers in Texas.

Feedback Score
    SSA combat load? Is that their Extreme flatpoint load? If so, keep it away from a Stag Arms bbl.

Feedback Score
    I've been hearing different things on this matter. Some say that WOA says "no" to the SSA hot loads, where other vendors say "no problem". One very well known barrel maker told me last night that the SSA "defense" load is pretty much bad juju and another famous AR builder said not to belive the hype over this load.

Since I'm in the market for my first 6.8 upper, this is all beginning to become a bit confusing.