Thread: Noob question about DD Omega

Feedback Score

Noob question about DD Omega

Hello all,

I received my BCM middy upper last week, and it has the triangular handguard cap instead of the round one. Can I install a DD Omega rail with this cap, or do I need the round one?

I realize that I'd have to remove the FSB and brake to change this out, which means buying a front sight bench block...not exactly my idea of a first-time "easy" build.

Feedback Score
    The Omega doesn't touch the handguard cap, so the shape doesn't matter. It just drops in with no modifications to the rifle.

Feedback Score
    Perfect! That's the news I wanted to hear.

There's always great info from experienced users here. I'm a long-time lurker, a recent member, and even manage a post once in awhile!

Thanks for the quick response!
    Last edited by be1498; 06-21-09 at 12:50.

Feedback Score
    and just to confirm it for you. I just installed the omega 9.0 on my BCM middy last night with no issues.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    i also lucked into one of the BCM mid uppers,,put plastic handguards on it,,playing with the thought to go with a D.D.omega---is there any good way to remove the triangular front handguard "holder"--without tearing too much up?????tin snips and dremel cutting wheel????

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I would not remove it at all. You can take it off with tin snips or a dremel. That leaves an ugly looking gap between the FSB and rail system. In my opinion, it looks like shit with a gap.