Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Iranian girl shot in chest ~ What could have been done to save her... anything?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Question Iranian girl shot in chest ~ What could have been done to save her... anything?

After watching that video of the young Iranian girl shot in the chest and dying on camera I have been re-motivated to re-fresh my medical skills...

Neda shot in the chest dies on camera...

I wonder what could have been done to save her, if anything. It seems like laying her down was the WRONG move due to blood in her lungs...

Rmpl
    "Our destruction... will be from another quarter. From the inattention of the people to the concerns of their government, from their carelessness and negligence..."
    ...Daniel Webster, June 1, 1837

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I think she was mortally wounded and nothing would have saved her... Fnnn cowards!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    The way she was bleeding out looks like her lungs were filling with blood.

She probably drowned, she MIGHT have made it if she were in an operating room when it happened.

RIP

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Did you see the blood pouring out of her back and chest? She bled out scary fast. Looks like it clipped the heart or aorta.

I don't think even being in the OR with everyone prepped and ready to go would have saved her....
    Last edited by Mikey; 06-23-09 at 11:56.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    I'm no EMT and have never played a doctor on tv, but I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express once, so here's my 2 cents. Like others have posted, she bled out a lot of blood in that short time. You can see the pool of blood already forming at her feet and legs as she was helped down by the men. That was even before she started to bleed from the mouth and nose. Her eyes were rolling in less than 15 seconds and around 30 seconds the blood started coming out of her mouth and nostrils. I think she died in less than a minute as she didn't respond to all the commotions around her. I doubt she could have survived that shot even if she was in the OR.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score

Question

I clicked on the link. There does not seem to be anything there.
    Cold Zero

Feedback Score
    i could not even finished the whole thing.. soo sad..
    Last edited by SKULL1; 06-23-09 at 11:58.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

Feedback Score
    Nothing could have been done, she was dead the minute they pulled the trigger even if she was laying on a table in the OR prepped for surgery with a full trauma team prepped. If I had seen that at work I would have been able to do basically what they did and then we would have pronounced her. It is reprehensible that this happened however no medical care in the world could have saved her.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Judging by where the bystanders were applying direct pressure, the round penetrated either her superior vena cava or aortic arch as well as her esophagus. There's nothing anyone could have done. Exsanguination (bleeding out) occurs in less than 2 minutes if either of those vessels is ruptured. Looking at the video, she lost approx 3 liters of blood in less than a minute and a half. It was a fatal shot, unfortunately.
    A man with a gun is a citizen. A man without a gun is a subject.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast