Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Iranian girl shot in chest ~ What could have been done to save her... anything?

Feedback Score
    nothing that could have been done in the field for her, she was done at the moment of injury.

Feedback Score
    I'm a medical physician. That poor woman could not be salvaged even if she was laying on a gurney in an emergency department the moment she was shot. May she RIP.

Feedback Score
    I don't think anyone could have done anything.... That's very sad

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by citizensoldier16 View Post
    Judging by where the bystanders were applying direct pressure, the round penetrated either her superior vena cava or aortic arch as well as her esophagus. There's nothing anyone could have done. Exsanguination (bleeding out) occurs in less than 2 minutes if either of those vessels is ruptured. Looking at the video, she lost approx 3 liters of blood in less than a minute and a half. It was a fatal shot, unfortunately.
    I agree she had absolutely no chance.

Cameron

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    shooting a un-armed woman ,man those guys need to go up against someone that can return fire.very sad

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by warpigM-4 View Post
    shooting a un-armed woman ,man those guys need to go up against someone that can return fire.very sad
    That vid made me so ****in angry when I saw it. It is sad to see an innocent young lady shot dead, right next to her father, by a bunch of ****in cowards. I could imagine myself, standing next to my young daughter when I watched that clip. My heart climbed in my throat.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    that was a very sad video. those who shot her are a bunch of cowards no doubt.

I dont think there was any saving her, she was bleeding out awfully fast, by the time she was helped to the ground there was already blood pooling on top of here and underneath her. there was blood coming out of her mouth within seconds.

I think that weather or not they could have drained the fluid out of her lungs, she would have died from loss of blood. my heart got a little heavy watchin that one.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Only hitting the brain or the upper spinal cord will instantly kill someone. Like previous posters have said, it can take a while to bleed out. Judging by the blood at the end she was either hit in the heart, or some major artery was punctured, in addition to the lungs. When you breath in you're actually contracting a muscle down to create a vacuum to suck the air in. Pressure wise you're naturally defaulted to breath out. Thus if there's any sort of puncture to the lungs the lung itself is going to start to collapse and suck in other things. IE no more air for you. Anyone who's had a pneumothorax can tell you exactly how much it blows chunks. It's treatable to a large degree in a hospital, but the bullet destroying a major blood vessel isn't.

Neda's only cure would have been someone killing the shooter first.
    "Life is short, but the years are long." - Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Honestly I wouldn't want anyone working on me if they thought I had no chance. I want someone with the mindset of that 1% chance that she can make it. I'm gonna do everything that I can to save her.
    West Texas

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    God....... I hope someone pops that little shit in the snot locker with a .308.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast