Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Iranian girl shot in chest ~ What could have been done to save her... anything?

Feedback Score
    Nothing, she was done as fast as she was bleeding out
    Second Amendment Absolutist!

"Speed costs money, How fast do you want to go?"
    -seen on a speed shop in Michigan

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    She was unfortunately DRT.

Feedback Score
    She was in a pool of blood before she even went down, DRT.

There's an especially warm room in Hell for the shooter.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Did you see the blood pouring out of her back and chest? She bled out scary fast. Looks like it clipped the heart or aorta.

I don't think even being in the OR with everyone prepped and ready to go would have saved her....
    This, again. She was a gonner as soon as the bullet exited. Poor girl.

You just don't survive some.

dog

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Did you see the blood pouring out of her back and chest? She bled out scary fast. Looks like it clipped the heart or aorta.

I don't think even being in the OR with everyone prepped and ready to go would have saved her....
    Concur on all points. The triggerman will f'kin get his someday. Sooner than later hopefully.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    That was very disturbing.... I also took the time to read the comments posted by viewers. It seems like some made statements that the CIA was to blame and one said the "jews" killed her. Lot's of Hatred for sure

The internet is a place for all kinds and it seems that some of the viewers of that youtube video are "Anti- American".
    Tzoid

Texan raised in " The Peoples Republic of Maryland"

"RRA- if they came with a blow job I wouldn't take one." - Pat Rogers

Feedback Score

Angry

Himmler ( may he continue to rot ) would be proud of that shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerinTPA View Post
    That vid made me so ****in angry when I saw it. It is sad to see an innocent young lady shot dead, right next to her father, by a bunch of ****in cowards. I could imagine myself, standing next to my young daughter when I watched that clip. My heart climbed in my throat.
    The Iranian " SS " are just smart enough to know that murdering family members is a much stronger deterent than killing the male leaders of the movement.
    Just pure stone f'ing evil.
    "... in common use at the time... for all lawful purposes... "

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I agree that the likelihood of this person living, even if the shooting occured in a trauma bay, is negligible. BUT...it's hypothetical, and you do not know. Life is full of 'one-off's,' stories that just don't make sense in life. EMS brought to our ED someone who was shot similarly, coded enroute to the ED. The surgeon crawled into the back of the bus, flayed open the chest, put a foley catheter in the hole (RV), rolled him into the trauma bay where we did the rest of the resuscitation. Dude walked out of the hospital a few weeks later. I have been in the biz for over 20 years...I never saw anything like it. Is this gal DRT? Most probably. For 100% certainty? Who knows. The video sucks nonetheless.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Ive been a paid FF/EMT for 10+years now in a 3rd class city. Have seen NUMEROUS shootings and stabbings. All these answers are correct...No chance for the poor girl. RIP

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Honestly I wouldn't want anyone working on me if they thought I had no chance. I want someone with the mindset of that 1% chance that she can make it. I'm gonna do everything that I can to save her.
    It really comes down to priorities. If she's the only one wounded- sure, do what you can. Chances are, though, in a situation like this there are other wounded. While you're wasting time and precious little field medical supplies in this idealist attempt to save her at all costs in spite of her 1% chance (people in this thread more knowledgeable than I on medicine seem to think it is more of a 0% chance) someone else wounded with a 30% chance whom you could have saved has died. And, the person with a 40% chance 15 minutes later dies because you're out of bandages.

Not an easy choice, and glad its not one I've ever had to make- but logical thought, which must prevail in these instances, says that doing anything for her once you understand the situation is futile.

Very sad video...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast