Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AAR – Long Range International – DMR - #01/09 (Pics)

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutshot John View Post
    Meeting and learning from the Wolf was one of the highlights. The opportunity to "shut up" and listen to a "student" with several decades of acquired firearms wisdom was a privilege and educational.

Oh and he makes Clint Eastwood look like a fairy.
    The Wolf is unbelievably tough. Almost 70 and he shoots and physically exerts himself all day. He can rebuild a car, hit a target a mile away, and wire a house. he's one of those old men you just don't mess with. Tougher version of Clint's character in Gran Torino.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    LL are you going out for PR1 in September?
    It is bad policy to fear the resentment of an enemy. -Ethan Allen

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    LL are you going out for PR1 in September?
    I'd like to but work is a problem right now. I'll let you know if things work out.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Check, I'm trying to fit it into my budget as well (while keeping my marriage intact) but I'm going to figure out a way.

I've got a Viking class to do in November which all told is about seven classes in a year. Funny that it doesn't seem excessive to me, my wife thinks I'm crazy though she loved the write-up.
    Last edited by Gutshot John; 06-27-09 at 13:35.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Do you have to be military/LEO to take a class with LRI?

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by d90king View Post
    Do you have to be military/LEO to take a class with LRI?
    Nope.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Nope.
    Thanks! Your AAR really has me thinking about a class with them. It looks like a great class with some quality shooters and instruction. My only problem is that I don't have a 1000 yd rifle. I have a MRP in 6.8 and a LaRue OSR on order, but I think that will still be 6 months until it is built.

If I ordered a 18" barrel for the 6.8 what kinda distance do you think it would cover?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlelebowski View Post
    DMR or Precision Rifle I? We'd be glad to have you out there.
    Probably both eventually. Probably DMR first. Have to figure it out how to swing it.
    • formerly known as "eguns-com"
    • M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I run eguns.com
    •eguns.com has not been actively promoted in a long time though I still do Dillon special
    orders, etc. and I have random left over inventory.
    •"eguns.com" domain name for sale (not the webstore). Serious enquiries only.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Great write up. I need to get out there to update my DM article. Sept? When is the DM class so I can look at my scheadual. Other then a NYS Law Expo, I might have a slot open.
    pro-patria.us

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by d90king View Post
    Thanks! Your AAR really has me thinking about a class with them. It looks like a great class with some quality shooters and instruction. My only problem is that I don't have a 1000 yd rifle. I have a MRP in 6.8 and a LaRue OSR on order, but I think that will still be 6 months until it is built.
    Your MRP would be perfectly adequate for the DMR class. You don't need a thousand-yard rifle for that. The optic is a bigger issue than the rifle but one guy (my spotter) used an AR/EOTech and was making good hits at 600 with some spotting.

If you're looking for the Precision Rifle class I believe they have loaner rifles for you to use. I actually think I'm going to hold of on getting a bolt gun until after I take PR1 just so I can learn what I want and don't want in a precision rifle.

If I ordered a 18" barrel for the 6.8 what kinda distance do you think it would cover?
    With the caveat of having no experience on the 6.8, With a ranging ACOG I don't see why they can't get you out to 600 yards pretty easily.
    Last edited by Gutshot John; 06-27-09 at 16:24.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast