Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MILITEC lubricant

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    Seems to be a somewhat controversial topic.
    IMO: Most of the "controversy" is generated by a few Internet savy individuals who are also oddly enough "sponsored" or at the very least get a ton of free crap from other lubricant manufacturers. I'd bet if you took the posts from these individuals out of the equation the drama would die quickly.
    Paul A. Hotaling
    Alias Training & Security Services, LLC
    Paul@aliastraining.com
    757-215-1959 (Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM)
    757-985-9586 (After Hours)
    www.aliastraining.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've been using Militec for about 6 years with no problems.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I like Militec simply because it is thicker and stays in place better on carry pistols.

For ARs, i've found that any quality lube generously applied works well.

Feedback Score
    In some ways, this is a repeat of the small arms lubricant controversy from the '60s. Instead of Militec, the commercial lube in question was Dri-Slide. No one ever seems to pick up on the fact that the politicians pushing the controversy were from the same state as the manufacturer. Dri-Slide was manufactured in Fremont, MI. In 1965, MI Governor George Romney (R) sent a bunch of cans of Dri-Slide in Christmas care packages to troops in RVN. This started a demand for the product, and resulted in official testing. Rep. Charles E. Chamberlain (R-MI) hijacked the Ichord subcommittee hearings in 1967 to press Army and Marine Corps officials about why they hadn't adopted Dri-Slide, or in the Marines' case, why they were rescinding approval for it.

The town of Fremont doesn't appear to have been in Chamberlain's congressional district (MI 6th Congressional District), but it was awfully close. You have to wonder whether Dri-Slide owner L.G. "Buck" Myers was a major contributor to the MI Republican Party, or at minimum, was friends with the politicians in question.

ToddG Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by VA_Dinger View Post
    IMO: Most of the "controversy" is generated by a few Internet savy individuals who are also oddly enough "sponsored" or at the very least get a ton of free crap from other lubricant manufacturers.
    I get all my Militec for free ... If I wanted another lube, I could probably get that for free, too. So of all the lubes I could get for free, I use Militec because it's always worked very well for me. Don't know how that factors into people's opinions, but that's my disclosure.

Quote Originally Posted by dewatters View Post
    No one ever seems to pick up on the fact that the politicians pushing the controversy were from the same state as the manufacturer.
    Similar in this case. The Rep asking about Militec is from Maryland, where Militec's US HQ is located.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverine View Post
    We had no issues with MilTec on personal weapons, but stopped even attempting to try it on anything with a cyclic rate, by itself or in combo. It burned off only slightly slower than CLP did; bottom line, the SAW should be renamed the JamMaster 5000 to begin with, so with machine guns (M249, M240, M2, Mk19) we used synthetic motor oil or the TW25 grease that we finally managed to get for our GAU-17s. Both worked very well for us, partucularly on the M249 and Mk19.

I'm pretty certain that CLP has changed formula over time. These days, it doesn't seem to separate when it sits in its jug for a couple of days, like it used to
    what is LSA, this or something different?
    never push a wrench...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12