Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the verdict on the SLR-106?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

What's the verdict on the SLR-106?

I've read threads where folks are as happy as can be and others complaining of reliability issues and sight misalignment. I was wondering if the issues have been resolved with the new batches coming out of Arsenal because I think that I've found a deal on a 106, sans sight mount, that I can't pass up...NIB for $680. Any advice?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Range Report Part II: SLR-106FR

Range Report Part I: SLR-106FR Function Check and Zeroing

My third and final report will be when I hit the 1,000 round mark.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    The problem with sight alignment was with the very first batch out the door. The laser alignment tool that they use to install the front sight block was out of calibration and it wasn't checked before several rifles went out the door.

Any issues and they'll fix it.

The alignment tool is now checked for daily calibration.

I haven't heard of any reliablity issues, ther have been several people who had a couple of bad magazines, and magazines that weren't degreased before use.

I am thrilled with mine. It's my favorite AK.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Outstanding. Is $680 a good deal?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Yeah, I'd say $680 is a good deal.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    I would jump on that deal.
    John 8:32 (KJV) And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." - Abraham Lincoln

There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.

When I was crossing the border into Canada, they asked if I had any firearms with me. I said, "Well, what do you need?" -- Stephen Wright

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have been extremely happy with mine, in fact I could not bitch about a single part of it. I have never seen an AK this well built or with a trigger this solid.

P.S. – I would jump on $680, that’s a great price.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Well, I jumped on it. Got the rifle, a 5 rounds, a 20 round, and 3 30 round mags for $673.00. I'm pretty pleased. I hope to hit the range this weekend. After getting it home and really looking it over...it's typcial Arsenal. One thing I wonder about it the rear sight as it seems ever so slightly twisted counterclockwise. I didn't notice this in the store it's that slight. I know that I will need to shoot it before I will know for certain, however, do you think that this will affect accuracy?

Also, what do you recommend for a sling. I was thinking about the Vickers sling? For those of you who have one, how is it working for you?

Last, what would it take to change the plastic stock with a triangulare metal stock as seen on K-Var?

http://www.k-var.com/shop/product.php?productid=16845

Feedback Score
    Good find on the 106, I got a similar deal that I couldn't pass up. The 106 is my favorite AK, I have about 1500 rounds in the first one that I got. The second one is an un-fired safe queen....for now!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Any more news on the SLR-106? I'm considering purchasing one and the numerous threads on this site haven't had much traffic in some time.

What are the specific reliability issues that LAV mentioned? THANKS!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast