Thread: What is the skinny on the NSSF??

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Question What is the skinny on the NSSF??

National
    Shooting
    Sports
    Foundation

They are hosting a retailer education seminar with DPS, ATF, CCW & NICS. I'm going regardless but I have to say I am ignorant about nssf and it's relationship w/ these organizations....any members here??

Thanks!!
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

ToddG Guest
    NSSF runs the SHOT Show and is, for all intents and purposes, the organization within the firearms industry. Most major (and quite a few minor) companies are members.

www.nssf.org

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks Todd...would have liked to see some nra involvement on this but maybe too political.

4 hour seminar.

I've got to make it to the shot show...
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Lightbulb

NSSF represents gun manufacturers.

NRA represents (mostly) gun owners.

I think.
    Doing my part to keep malls safe

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    though probably not related to your upcoming seminar, NSSF has a good junior shooting program.
    Last edited by lindertw; 06-30-09 at 17:14.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I'm a member. They are a good organization but as mentioned, represent the dealers, manufacturers, and other industry members. They run SHOT, as well as publish all kinds of marketing data, a magazine, etc. They support gun rights of course but also have seminars for dealers, manufacturers, etc on abiding by the law, keeping your license, etc.
    • formerly known as "eguns-com"
    • M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I run eguns.com
    •eguns.com has not been actively promoted in a long time though I still do Dillon special
    orders, etc. and I have random left over inventory.
    •"eguns.com" domain name for sale (not the webstore). Serious enquiries only.