Thread: Energy Bars?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    NEX was out of cliff bars..................... many im jonesing for a fix

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by danpass View Post
    any updates/mods to this?

I suspect when I cut them in blocks I can vacuum pack each one for some real longevity?

Even longer with those oxygen absorbers?
    We have thought about keeping them for food storage but since we keep the ingredients on hand, including the egg factories , the longest we have stored them is about 30 days in a zip lock bag. I throw a zip lock bag of them in my Go Bag and they last for a long time (weeks) with only a loss of some flavor.

Lately she has been playing with an Almond Biscotti recipe using nectarine puree (neighbor has a tree) and brown sugar for the sweetener. She substitutes the all purpose flour with the oat flour. These are pretty hard and dry when they are done so I would think the shelf life would be pretty long if you vacuum wrapped them.
    "The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." John Steinbeck

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruncher Block View Post
    If protein is important to you, you might try beef jerky as well.
    I like this idea.

Feedback Score
    Pemmican Bars either premade or you can make your own, a bar like that can set me for a whole day
    http://www.grasslandbeef.com/Detail.bok?no=531

Beef Jerky is good too but its expensive and not particularly filling, though the extra salt is useful if you are sweating bullets(pun intended) for several hours at a time.
    Last edited by Azul; 03-28-10 at 23:50.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Tri-o-plex are the best meal replacement bar I've ever found. They can be found at GNC, Vitamin Shoppe, etc.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I really like ProBar energy bars. They are very tasty. Lots of flavors. They have nuts, real fruit, oats in them. I get them at the REI store near my place. The only down side to them, they seem a little concentrated to me, so I alway drink water when I am eating one. I like Cliff bars too. But I like the ProBars better.

Feedback Score
    FYI "Energy Drinks" are like Poison for your Heart as yummy as they are they're terrible and the same effect can be found in much more natural forms. My trainer has put me on a drink Ultima Replenisher (Hope there isn't a no hotlinking rule, Sorry!) This drink has given me a much bigger boost than any energy drink ever has and almost instantly "cured" the odd hangover in the past.

I also do protein/fruit shakes in the morning and have found that they are very good to start a day off great. Right now I haven't gotten onto any type of "energy bar" but now that I see so many people talking about it I'll have to get the opinion of my trainer. I'll admit that my eating habits are far from great and thats something that I'd desperately like to change thats why I've started to explore this section of the forum.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Cliff Bars. Yep.

Several good ones … I like Oatmeal Raisin. Goes with the Joe.

I also keep a few 12oz cans of V8 in my desk. If I get the twinge that usually does it, plus I get some of my vitamins.

The Private Citizen
    Liberty — Independence — Responsibility — Resolve

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Out of all the mass produced readily available bars, I like the Cliff bars the best. Mostly decent ingredients, good taste, ect. Also, available at Costco.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234