Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: Stupid Internet Sayings:

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    My "go to" rifle/pistol/shotgun

Because you've had so many opportunities to put down insurrections in the Safeway car park this year.

M_P

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    MAN there are some whiners in here!

I make use of "fail/you fail/failure" often in speach as well as writing, I personally don't use FTW/FTL/FTMFW/ORLY or any other number of internet phenomenon phrases. I find the MOAR pictures/banners funny. I find most of the internet phrases funny when used in proper context.

Oh I say blaster. I was unaware any cool guy trainers used the term. I also say heater, shooter, and a number of other metaphors as pistol, rifle, firearm gets redundant in conversation of sizable duration.

Instead of saying "whatever works for you" or similar in reguards to 9mm/.45, no lube/lots of lube, shotgun/rifle/pistol home defense weapons and any number of other SEEMINGLY controversial topics I say "Personal Voodoo". Maybe that will catch on and annoy one of you. One can only hope

Lighten up, its the internet!

If you guys ever ventured onto pbnation.com or 4chan your heads would explode.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by modern_pirate View Post
    My "go to" rifle/pistol/shotgun

Because you've had so many opportunities to put down insurrections in the Safeway car park this year.

M_P
    You too!?

-B
    RIP, Jeff Dorr: 1964 - July 17, 2009

"When young men seek to be like you, when lazy men resent you, when powerful men look over their shoulder at you, when cowardly men plot behind your back, when corrupt men wish you were gone and evil men want you dead . . . Only then will you have done your share." - Phil Messina

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ClosetCaseNerd View Post

-B
    Last edited by BAC; 12-08-09 at 14:10. Reason: Nevermind... it's a bit much...
    RIP, Jeff Dorr: 1964 - July 17, 2009

"When young men seek to be like you, when lazy men resent you, when powerful men look over their shoulder at you, when cowardly men plot behind your back, when corrupt men wish you were gone and evil men want you dead . . . Only then will you have done your share." - Phil Messina

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    All of it.
    NOT in training for combat deployment.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    which is pretty much the problem. People treating the internet like it should somehow be different than any other form of communication, real life or professional correspondence.

The fact that you evidently spend time there while we do not is indicative oof why you find all that stupid shit tolerable.

Just like some people shoot to shoot or own guns just to own them vs. others who see them as tools or a means to an end, the internet is the same way. Those that participate on forums as the "end" vs. a "means" seem to tend to more enjoy the stupid shit, to include ridiculous internet abbreviations and sayings.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    which is pretty much the problem. People treating the internet like it should somehow be different than any other form of communication, real life or professional correspondence.

The fact that you evidently spend time there while we do not is indicative oof why you find all that stupid shit tolerable.

Just like some people shoot to shoot or own guns just to own them vs. others who see them as tools or a means to an end, the internet is the same way. Those that participate on forums as the "end" vs. a "means" seem to tend to more enjoy the stupid shit, to include ridiculous internet abbreviations and sayings.
    I don't spend time on pbnation anymore as I haven't exactly had the opportunity to play speedball in a while. It is a cross over forum though and a lot of 4chan bleeds over to it, and hell in context most of it IS funny to me. It's a product of the demographics and I accept it as such.

I think it humorous that there is 11 pages of people having their blood pressure elevated over what is the equivalent of writing on the side of a bathroom stall. The internet is, for the most part, an anonymous outlet and people act accordingly. This is a sign of lack of maturity on the poster's part for sure. If you want to curb it, spend more time over at 10-8 or run this forum similar with real names. But I mean, come on, there is 11 pages of people saying how they hate this or that phrase, seething over it even. None of it is worth going gray over.
    Last edited by RadioActivity; 12-09-09 at 06:00.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I don't spend time on pbnation anymore as I haven't exactly had the opportunity to play speedball in a while. It is a cross over forum though and a lot of 4chan bleeds over to it, and hell in context most of it IS funny to me. It's a product of the demographics and I accept it as such.
    Please stop explaining. Just stop.

I think it humorous that there is 11 pages of people having their blood pressure elevated over what is the equivalent of writing on the side of a bathroom stall. The internet is, for the most part, an anonymous outlet and people act accordingly.
    This attitude is why real experts are few and far between on the forums. We are all diminished by this approach life - one that is far too common in our society.

This is a sign of lack of maturity on the poster's part for sure. If you want to curb it, spend more time over at 10-8 or run this forum similar with real names. But I mean, come on, there is 11 pages of people saying how they hate this or that phrase, seething over it even. None of it is worth going gray over.
    You go on those script kiddie sites and then turn around and lecture us about maturity? I happen to think the Staff and Moderators do a fine job here, without the issues associated with those "professional" forums. Thank you for your advice, I am sure it will be given the consideration it deserves.

M_P

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by modern_pirate View Post
    Smart ass dismissive quip with zero value or meaning,

This attitude is why real experts are few and far between on the forums. We are all diminished by this approach life - one that is far too common in our society.

You go on those script kiddie sites and then turn around and lecture us about maturity? I happen to think the Staff and Moderators do a fine job here, without the issues associated with those "professional" forums. Thank you for your advice, I am sure it will be given the consideration it deserves.

M_P
    Lecture about maturity? At what point? Also, at no point did I mention the staff or mods on this forum. Do not attempt to manipulate my words or add to them meaning which is not explicitly written. And you offer what? More bitching, to add to an 11 page thread, I offer a possible solution. You may indeed, take it or leave it.

I enjoy M4C because it has a lot of substance and I don't have to sift through bullshit; Which I am going to go out on a limb, peel back all your shitty attitude and sarcasm, and guess that was what you were getting at as well. If you want to get people to speak as they would when their personal or professional credibility is on the line, put their name in the open. I offered *A* solution, I'm sure there are others. What do you have to offer? WISHING that people were more mature?

I personally like M4C just the way it is, which was my point. It seems there is 11 pages of people complaining otherwise.

This is a downward spiral, the opening to the internet argument of lore, so I'll nip it in the bud. I've said my piece.
    Last edited by RadioActivity; 12-11-09 at 10:30.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I'm starting to get the impression that you disagree with me.

M_P

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122