Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trajectory Appreciation for Unconventional Positions

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pretorian View Post
    Hey F2S,What ballistic calculator do you use?Mine does not have a cant function.
    Using a ballistic calculator to determine your exact holds is kinda pointless given the nature of the use of the positions, thus the reason for the post- where to hold generally and why. All the time spent behind the keyboard would translate to skill better if you just go train.

However, I used the JBM Ballistic calculator, to actually answer your question.

Now, before everybody jumps over there and starts jamming numbers into the matrix I highly recommend that you look at the numbers I posted and how that translates to actual use and go shoot it.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score

FYI:Ballistic calculator that includes a Cant angle.

For those interested, this calculator includes a Cant angle feature from -90 to+90 degrees.

http://www.jbmballistics.com/cgi-bin/jbmtraj-5.1.cgi
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    What if you used the windage marks on an ACOG or S&B?
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Funny, I forgot about this for a while.

Re: windage marks on ACOGs amd the like:
    Doesn't do much, since the projectile is still approaching the reticle from the bottom, and there isn't enough drop to make the side windage marks relevant.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    There are some local guys that have been doing this for awhile for 3 gunning. They've told me to just hold high and towards the mag. Meaning if the rifle is on it's left side, hold high right. Of coarse we aren't getting shot at and our targets are 24x18 or something like that and we are usually making those type of forced shots at 100-150 yards.

I appreciate your explanation. A lot of techniques like this go untaught or out of thought with most people. I had never thought about it until 6 months ago when I was about to shoot a stage that had a forced 90 degree canted rifle shot. Then I thought my head was going to explode trying to reason where, why, and how the bullet was going to fly relative to my sight picture.
    Last edited by Wormydog1724; 09-07-11 at 21:28.
    http://www.youtube.com/wormydog1724

Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz
    This isn't "Ihuntcoyotes.com.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12