Thread: Anyone use a Leupold Mk 4 ER/T M5?

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)

Anyone use a Leupold Mk 4 ER/T M5?

I'm in the market for an optic that will serve double duty on the 5.56 a 7.62 rifles that I own, a Noveske Roque Hunter and a Remington 700P. I want something that maxes out at 14-16X, a front focal reticle and MIL/MIL adjustments. I was looking at the new "Leupold MK4 M5 4.5-14x50 ER/T FFP". It fits all my criteria and. Is there any reason I shouldn't go with this scope? The only thing I'm worried about is not having enough elevation adjustment but I'm pretty sure a -20 MOA base will solve that problem.
    I'm expecting a certain number of "buy a Nightforce" responses and I'm certainly considering it. I've used a 3.5-15x F1 with the H-58 pretty extensively at work and it's an outstanding scope. However I can get two of the ER/T Leupolds for the cost of one Nightforce. I'm not convinced the Nightforce is worth twice as much for me. I'm mainly looking for people that have used or have some experience with the new ER/Ts. I've done some searching and there doesn't appear to be a ton of first hand information on them.
    Last edited by mkmckinley; 09-01-11 at 07:15.

Feedback Score
    I ran a 4-51-14x50 TMR FFP for a bit
    nice scope, Leupold has definitely made improvements in glass quality over the last year or so

the scope tracked well

a view of the SFP version of the same scope at 14.5x at 1K

Last edited by ccoker; 09-07-11 at 20:26.
    Charles Coker

Disclosure statement:
    Pro Staff - Silencer Shop
    Dealer - Armasight and Steiner Optics
    Affiliated with Trijicon, Wilson Combat and Crux Suppressors

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    Thanks for the input and I really appreciate the picture. I contacted Leupold and asked them specifically what QC checks they do before an optic leaves the factory. The customer service rep I spoke with wasn't too specific but it sounds like they do spot checks, not every scope like some of the other companies. For my applications and the amount of long range shooting I do I think one of the FFP Leupolds will be a good fit. As long as it tracks like it should and has decent glass I'll be happy with it.