Thread: LMT Enhanced Bolt Question

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

LMT Enhanced Bolt Question

I am currently waiting for my LMT 16in upper to arrive.I ordered it with the full auto enhanced bolt carrier group.Now i have been reading that I may be better off with the regular bolt.I was just trying to get the best I could get.Other than maybe overspending, did I make a mistake?This is my first AR so bear with me.Are there any downsides to the enhanced bolt?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markdeerhunter
    I am currently waiting for my LMT 16in upper to arrive.I ordered it with the full auto enhanced bolt carrier group.Now i have been reading that I may be better off with the regular bolt.I was just trying to get the best I could get.Other than maybe overspending, did I make a mistake?This is my first AR so bear with me.Are there any downsides to the enhanced bolt?

The enhanced bolt might work just fine, but they tend to be picky on ammo. If you only shoot mil-spec ball then you will most likely be ok.

C4

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I'd would just go with a Colt/FN/LMT or CMT M16 carrier and a regular bolt CMT MP tested bolt. I haven't seen a LMT 'enhanced' carrier work in anything but a 14.5" full-auto w/M855. It's a solution is search of a problem.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gotm4
    I'd would just go with a Colt/FN/LMT or CMT M16 carrier and a regular bolt CMT MP tested bolt. I haven't seen a LMT 'enhanced' carrier work in anything but a 14.5" full-auto w/M855. It's a solution is search of a problem.

I run two in two different 16 inch weapons and both cycle fully using everything from Wolf to M-193 spec ammo. And I run a heavy MGI RRB buffer in both.

Perhaps they have fixed the issues in the later production.

Feedback Score
    I'm slow. What were these bolts supposed to "enhance?"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My LMT enhanced has run very well so far on mixed ammo.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dport
    I'm slow. What were these bolts supposed to "enhance?"

They are supposed to be more resistant to breaking lugs due to design features in both the bolt and carrier among other things.