Thread: God Bless Family and Well-Intentioned Gifts

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

God Bless Family and Well-Intentioned Gifts

I spent a bunch of time this past year before Christmas trying to drop subtle hints about gift certificates or money towards a training class of some sort. I was thinking along the lines of an "intermediate" level carbine or pistol class that isn't too far away from home.

Well, my Fiance is a very intelligent woman and did a little bit of snooping on her own and ran across Thunder Ranch. Thunder Ranch has a stellar reputation on most forums and in most gun magazines. Generally, I am supremely lucky to have a woman that cares enough to go this level of research for a gift for me.

I believe Clint Smith is a great guy. That said, his new series of three DVDs (which I received for Christmas) leave a lot to be desired for anyone but novice viewers. The "Urban Rifle" DVD, that I looked forward to the most, is particularly low speed high drag.

I would strongly encourage anyone looking into this DVD set to contemplate their current level of understanding of firearms and self-defense. If you are above average competency (many on this forum fall into this category) than I would tell you to pass on this. YMMV.
    "We need to get over the romance of aligning sights and get to the business of shooting smelly bearded men in the face more efficiently."
    Pat Rogers

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Personally, I can't get enough of the "basics."

FWIW, my wife ordered my Christmas gifts from www.surefire.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekatar
    Personally, I can't get enough of the "basics."

I cannot agree more, but $150.00 and several hours later I was definitely looking for more substance in these DVDs. I am really going to push for a training class, not DVD, next year.
    "We need to get over the romance of aligning sights and get to the business of shooting smelly bearded men in the face more efficiently."
    Pat Rogers