Page 55 of 59 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast

Thread: Full Auto's only. Lets see Them!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    Beautiful. Was your 21 done by TSC? I’ve considered a TSC 21 (not E) as a host. Way less expensive than an E for a 308 bullet hose.
    It was originally done by someone else with mostly fmp parts. TSC fixed the gun and got it running right, converted it to a K, and for me ended up welding on the bottom rail so I can shoot it easier as a lefty and then refinished it in the dark bronze. I want to say it has some e upgrades like the e buffer in it. Its an angry little beast and runs great. Downside of the non e is that its harder to clear a jam as the assembly just doesn't flip down(or up on other belt feds). It also runs belts instead of links but this doesn't bother me, I don't have to pick up a bunch of links and the belts are pretty cheap.

Mike is the man when it comes to hk belt fed guns though, I'd recommend him if you want one although I'd consider the K instead of a full sized as shoulder fired belt fed is the best way to fire it.

Yea with the cost of German E parts(and the unreliable nature of the US made parts) I wouldn't want a E gun. It would make more sense to find a cheap m60 by the time you were done.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MonsterMan1036 View Post

Latest addition, in the process of getting hosts set up.
    We expect a video when you get it running.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ccosby View Post
    Second Video

Ooooh, oooh! I recognize that range! Only place I can go within a few hours drive for my belt fed fun... Any other recommendations in the area?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ccosby View Post
    It was originally done by someone else with mostly fmp parts. TSC fixed the gun and got it running right, converted it to a K, and for me ended up welding on the bottom rail so I can shoot it easier as a lefty and then refinished it in the dark bronze. I want to say it has some e upgrades like the e buffer in it. Its an angry little beast and runs great. Downside of the non e is that its harder to clear a jam as the assembly just doesn't flip down(or up on other belt feds). It also runs belts instead of links but this doesn't bother me, I don't have to pick up a bunch of links and the belts are pretty cheap.

Mike is the man when it comes to hk belt fed guns though, I'd recommend him if you want one although I'd consider the K instead of a full sized as shoulder fired belt fed is the best way to fire it.

Yea with the cost of German E parts(and the unreliable nature of the US made parts) I wouldn't want a E gun. It would make more sense to find a cheap m60 by the time you were done.
    Yours is beautiful.

I’ve been speaking to Mike for a few years on the fence about doing an E gun. I almost pulled the trigger on a RR hk E gun with 23E and 21E parts. But just couldn’t bring myself to spend that coin on a single item. Then I considered the 60, but would only want an E4 or E6, which is a ton of money for a one trick pony; albeit a really awesome trick. I’m considering a regular 21 or 21K because they are far far less costly than doing a German E host. There is NO FU$&ING WAY I would buy a US made E after the absolute fiasco Slippers had with his Michaels Machines mm23e. No thanks. If I want a $14k paperweight, I’ll just buy gold.
    Last edited by JoshNC; 10-22-19 at 23:14.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I was on the group buy years ago when he did the mm23e.

I put a deposit but didn't follow through as I was deployed and I sometimes regret it.

But every so often...I don't.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I believe in peace, love and extremely violent weapons systems... just in case that whole peace-and-love thing doesn't work out.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by drh2687 View Post
    Ooooh, oooh! I recognize that range! Only place I can go within a few hours drive for my belt fed fun... Any other recommendations in the area?
    The Cove is like 3 hours from me. I shoot at cavalier in Montpelier, where I'm a member.

That being said there is another reddit meetup at the cove coming soon. I'll prob bring a mp5 with my sear in it if I go this time to let more people shoot it.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/VAGuns/comm...cove_saturday/

Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    Yours is beautiful.

I’ve been speaking to Mike for a few years on the fence about doing an E gun. I almost pulled the trigger on a RR hk E gun with 23E and 21E parts. But just couldn’t bring myself to spend that coin on a single item. Then I considered the 60, but would only want an E4 or E6, which is a ton of money for a one trick pony; albeit a really awesome trick. I’m considering a regular 21 or 21K because they are far far less costly than doing a German E host. There is NO FU$&ING WAY I would buy a US made E after the absolute fiasco Slippers had with his Michaels Machines mm23e. No thanks. If I want a $14k paperweight, I’ll just buy gold.
    Yea between the complaints on Michael's Machine guns and him being an asshole online to complaints(as well as dropping customer info he shouldn't have) I wouldn't buy one of his guns. Maybe one of carlos'(beltfed precision) but both are really expensive for something you have to worry about not being 100%. I will say I'm glad I went with a K gun as its wild to shoot from the shoulder. I've only had that one a few months and have just put a few thousands rounds through it.

I wish the E parts were not so expensive but hell I could buy a 21 host and be not that far from getting a lightning link and a ares shrike upper for the cost of an E gun host using German parts.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    As stated above, if you can find a 60, get one over an HK belt fed, particularly in 7.62mm. They beat the shit out of themselves. HK used to tell us that receivers begin to disform around 10k rounds. Not saying they won't continue to work for a period, but become out of speck. The receivers were never originally designed for belt fed operation, and HK basically stuffed 6 pounds of shit in a five pound bag. They did some reinforcements and such to get them to work and extend the life, but they are still not up to par of other weapons. For recreational shooting, not a problem.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    dbl post
    Last edited by juliet9; 10-31-19 at 22:00. Reason: Photos too small

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Pappabear:

"What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by juliet9 View Post
    As stated above, if you can find a 60, get one over an HK belt fed, particularly in 7.62mm. They beat the shit out of themselves. HK used to tell us that receivers begin to disform around 10k rounds. Not saying they won't continue to work for a period, but become out of speck. The receivers were never originally designed for belt fed operation, and HK basically stuffed 6 pounds of shit in a five pound bag. They did some reinforcements and such to get them to work and extend the life, but they are still not up to par of other weapons. For recreational shooting, not a problem.
    That was the 21. The E got upgrades to strengthen the receiver and a better buffer to lessen carrier impact upon the receiver. Modern 21 clones built by reputable smiths like TSC incorporate these E upgrades in a non-swing down feed mech (ie 21) gun. And properly built E guns have good longevity. The real problem of the HK beltfeds is parts availability and cost.

The 60 is not without its own issues, though I do like them and will eventually own an E4 or E6.
    Last edited by JoshNC; 11-09-19 at 14:27.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Page 55 of 59 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast