Page 3 of 59 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Full Auto's only. Lets see Them!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Awesome AR Greg. That 416 looks fun.
    There is a fight, that began before any of us were ever born. It will continue, long after we have retired, moved on, and left this world. It is a fight for the soccer mom next door, your mailman, the guy that bags your groceries, and most importantly, it is a fight for your family. We are in a daily battle not for land, not for resources or colonial controls...we are in a fight for our very way of life

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongo View Post
    Here is some info to give you an idea on how the trigger group works on the open bolt LMG set up in the M16.

As you can see in the diagram, there is no typical sear surface on the hammer like you would see on a M16/AR15. The hammer becomes the sear for the bolt carrier, hence it holds the bolt carrier in the rear position until the trigger is pulled. The hammer is then held back until the bolt carrier completely closes and is tripped by the bolt carrier. The open bolt carrier has a sear notch on the bottom of it. Putting a standard carrier in a gun with open bolt trigger group will yield a run away gun. Also using the open bolt carrier in a gun with standard M16 trigger group will lock the gun up solid and you will have to remove the take down pins and wiggle it apart (seen one guy do this). There is no forward assist on the LMG since when the bolt closes the gun fires and it would be really dangerous to be push the carrier home with the forward assist when the gun fired and cycled.

Thanks MOngo! Ive always wondered how open bolt AR platforms worked--Simpler than I thought.
    I wonder if the IAR has something as simple even with the semi feature...

Feedback Score

Question on LE Colt Lowers

Do the LE "Colt M4 Carbine" marked lowers (Auto) have restricted(LE/Export) markings on the other side?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Col_Crocs View Post
    Do the LE "Colt M4 Carbine" marked lowers (Auto) have restricted(LE/Export) markings on the other side?
    the LE guns do- 6920, 6921, 6933, etc. but colt's actual M4 carbine receivers just say "property of the US government."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bkb0000 View Post
    the LE guns do- 6920, 6921, 6933, etc. but colt's actual M4 carbine receivers just say "property of the US government."
    Sorry I shouldve been more clear. I meant the M4 carbine on Colt's LE website which isnt US Prop Marked but at the same time is a full auto carbine (Model RO977).
    Here are a couple of links. One of Colt's LE site and the other of a past thread on painting AR's where Surf posted a pic of his on post #24.

http://colt.com/law/m4.asp
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=21129&page=2
    Last edited by Col_Crocs; 07-14-09 at 02:04.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by diving dave View Post
    Mongo, hope you dont mind, but that pic of the Stoner is my new wallpaper on my laptop! You guys who live in free states are killing me.
    No problem at all

Quote Originally Posted by irishluck73 View Post
    Nice weapons, thanks for sharing. Is the paperwork approval process more difficult with a MG than an SBR?
    SBR or MG paperwork is the same just the cost of the item is the only difference.

Quote Originally Posted by zgrins1 View Post
    Hey, Mongo. Thanks for the pics, links and review. I've never even heard of this gun before today. That thing is totally awesome. Wish we could own MG's here in People's Republic of Illinois. Your collection is just unbelievable. My respect to you.
    thanks, I tend to desire the more unusual and rare guns if I can afford them.I also like MGs that are very contollable and reliable.
    Last edited by Mongo; 07-14-09 at 07:34.
    Firearms engineer for hire on a piece work basis.

http://weaponblueprints.com/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongo View Post
    thanks, I tend to desire the more unusual and rare guns if I can afford them.I also like MGs that are very contollable and reliable.
    Ever plan on getting an Ultimax? Or do you already have one? I hear handling of these, esp the newer ones, are unbelievably good. I also hear the gas tubes are adjustable allowing the operator to set ROF according to preference.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Pretty rare & unusual and out of my price range but you could always use an anti-tank gun http://www.lazertanks.com/solothurn4sale.htm

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Col_Crocs View Post
    Ever plan on getting an Ultimax? Or do you already have one? I hear handling of these, esp the newer ones, are unbelievably good. I also hear the gas tubes are adjustable allowing the operator to set ROF according to preference.
    Unfortunately I am not a dealer and all the Ultimaxes are either Pre samples or Posties.

Quote Originally Posted by irishluck73 View Post
    Pretty rare & unusual and out of my price range but you could always use an anti-tank gun http://www.lazertanks.com/solothurn4sale.htm
    Well one criteria I left out was I like MGs that are also not too heavy. I've always wanted a Solothurn but at 120+ lbs and ammo at outrageous prices it is not in my future. I have considered towed AT guns though.
    Firearms engineer for hire on a piece work basis.

http://weaponblueprints.com/

Feedback Score
    Oh ok. That's unfortunate. What else do you have? Ive been curious about the supposed M2 carbine... The full auto version of the M1? would you happen to know if there is any difference in appearance other than a switch I guess?

Page 3 of 59 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast