Page 44 of 59 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: Full Auto's only. Lets see Them!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The Alyeska Pipeline Company bought this Colt M16A1 new in 1979 from Colt. It was one of a large order to equip
    Alyeska’s security force that was guarding the entire length of the pipeline’s run in Alaska. They were all shipped from
    Colt with factory semi-auto only selectors installed. I bought this one in 2002 from The Armory in Scottsdale, AZ.
    I had their gunsmith install a Colt factory full-auto selector.

When The Armory got in their order of ten “Pipeline” guns, the rifles all appeared to have been shot very little.
    I got the second pick of the 10; the owner at the time got first pick! The Armory is now The Scottsdale Gun Club.

The theory as to why machine guns VS AR-15 is that Colt had so many M16s left over after Vietnam and the military
    downsize that when Alyeska went to order the ARs (which were selling well to civilians at the time) they gave the
    pipeline co. a "deal" on the 16s. By Colt installing the semi selectors Alyeska got what they wanted, less expensive
    rifles and Colt moved dead inventory. Then 20+ years later Alyeska found they had a lot of very valuable guns that
    they THEN sold off.
    Last edited by TriggerFish; 09-13-16 at 13:24.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TriggerFish View Post
    The Alyeska Pipeline Company bought this Colt M16A1 new in 1979 from Colt. It was one of a large order to equip
    Alyeska’s security force that was guarding the entire length of the pipeline’s run in Alaska. They were all shipped from
    Colt with factory semi-auto only selectors installed. I bought this one in 2002 from The Armory in Scottsdale, AZ.
    When The Armory got in their order of ten “Pipeline” guns, the rifles all appeared to have been shot very little.
    I got the second pick of the 10; the owner at the time got first pick! The Armory is now The Scottsdale Gun Club.
    The Scottsdale Gun Club was where I bought my Billistics HK 33. Maybe I'll take a couple pictures of it and post them here if anyone gives a damn.
    “Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
    – Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mg34_dan View Post
    The Scottsdale Gun Club was where I bought my Billistics HK 33. Maybe I'll take a couple pictures of it and post them here if anyone gives a damn.
    Yes, we care. Please do post photos.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongo View Post
    M3A1 Grease gun with and without suppressor

Good ol Swedish K

Beautiful. I love the Swedish K.

A real 1968 manufactured HK 21:

Ok, that is impressive. When and from whom did you buy it? Any details as to how it came to be imported, who used it, etc?
    Last edited by JoshNC; 09-13-16 at 13:43.

Feedback Score
    Josh;

The HK21 was an Interarms import. I don't know where they got it. I got it on a trade deal from a dealer in Louisiana. It's a Postie, unfortunately. I was going to cut it up and sell the parts kit, but I don't have the heart to cut it up. It's too nice and original to sacrifice. I would prefer to trade it for something. I'm just a softie at heart.

I'll get some pictures of my Billistics 33 and post them.

Dan...

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Josh;

The HK21 was an Interarms import. I don't know where they got it. I got it on a trade deal from a dealer in Louisiana. It's a Postie, unfortunately. I was going to cut it up and sell the parts kit, but I don't have the heart to cut it up. It's too nice and original to sacrifice. I would prefer to trade it for something. I'm just a softie at heart.

Dan...
    A dealer from my old home state eh Dan, must have been one from south La as the NW area where I hail from didn't have that many back in the day.

Agreed re. you cutting it up, postie or not & pics. of that Billiistics 33 would be great, *sorta* miss my transferable 53, sorta.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TriggerFish View Post

The theory as to why machine guns VS AR-15 is that Colt had so many M16s left over after Vietnam and the military
    downsize that when Alyeska went to order the ARs (which were selling well to civilians at the time) they gave the
    pipeline co. a "deal" on the 16s. By Colt installing the semi selectors Alyeska got what they wanted, less expensive
    rifles and Colt moved dead inventory. Then 20+ years later Alyeska found they had a lot of very valuable guns that
    they THEN sold off.
    Thx for the background TF, an interesting back story.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Josh;

Dan...
    Very cool nonetheless. But too bad it's a posty.

Feedback Score
    Per Josh's request, here is my Billistics RR PP HK33 et al. The pics are in no particular order.

(notice grenade launcher front sight base)

(the 2RB lower is cute, but I prefer the 0, 1, 25 lower)

(this is my favorite configuration)

Last edited by mg34_dan; 11-25-19 at 12:51. Reason: Change foto-suck-it photo links to postimg.

Feedback Score
    I just reviewed my notes and discovered that my Postie HK21 was imported by Century Arms not Interarms. Oops...

Page 44 of 59 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast