Thread: Couldn't pass it up...

Feedback Score

Couldn't pass it up...

On a local trip to the gunstore after coming back from an ammo run at AIM Surplus I found a filler for a small hole in the collection.

I have a H&K USP .40 (bought brand new "AA" date code) and a H&K USP .45 (bought used from a friend with less than 300 rounds through it for $500 "KF" date code) and wanted a USP 9mm - well, just because.

Anyway, I had passed and passed over a brand new USP 9mm several times. I looked two to the left and there was a used listed at $549 with KF date code. When I call it used I mean not used a lot.

A few minutes later after inspection and negotiation, I bought it for $499.

Don't know what thoughts/opinions on the USPs are on this board but I'm happy.

Won't replace my 1911s or Glocks but it's a good carry/service piece.

Plan to give it a field test as soon as I can.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngel
    Don't know what thoughts/opinions on the USPs are on this board but I'm happy.
    While I can't speak for the board as a whole (obviously), my two USPs (compact 45 & full-size 40) have been completely reliable and quite accurate. Incidentally, the 40 is from 1994, before they switched to polygonal rifling in the USP.

Feedback Score
    Sounds like you got a great deal, I had a USP .45 which I sold unfortunately. How does the grip size on the 9mm compare to the .45, I would like to get another USP I'm thinking the 9mm may be the way to go.
    For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, none will suffice.

Feedback Score
    The USP 40 and 9mm are a bit smaller than the USP 45.

When I get a chance I'll measure the radius of the grips and post a pic or two...