Thread: AK .223 / comps and barrel threader advice.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

AK .223 / comps and barrel threader advice.

I have an old .223 Norinco mak-90 I am getting re-finished and barrel threaded. I have a pws fsc comp sitting around as well as a couple of the standard flashiders. I know they will fit but my question is what is (in your opinion) the best comp to put on this. The PWS FSC is a bit long for my taste but is an excellent comp and it does help with the flash a bit on my ar's, and I am not cutting down the barrel. Just checking to see if anyone has had really good success with something else shorter.

I am also looking for a good barrel threader w/guide. I have an ar with a colt ltwt. barrel that needs the barrel threaded as well and wonder if I can use the same threader as the Mak-90. I also have an ak-74 I would like to do and am looking for a threader and comp for that as well.

Any help would be appreciated. I would like to keep the comps american made and under $100 but am a little flexible on that.
    Last edited by sewvacman; 08-27-09 at 23:17.
    "We prepare, so we don't end up at the superdome"- unknown

"IMHO, if you wanted to shoot crap ammo, you should have bought a crap upper. It makes baby Jesus cry when he sees crap ammo put through a nice upper."- C4IGrant