Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats your feeling on a Keltec PF9 or P3AT?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    P3AT - For pocket carry I use the DeSantis Nemesis

I have a "clip" that I used when I was teaching high school, carried it at 12 o'clock.
    Last edited by 87GN; 07-16-09 at 00:27.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Recently I bought a new PF-9, which jammed out of the box with several brands and bullet types--all factory ammo. Unable to break it in, I shipped the pistol to Keltec. They worked on it, and when I got it back, it jammed worse than before.

The guy at the factory told me that no more than 7 rounds of +p ammo can be fired during the life of the gun.

I traded it to my dealer for something else.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I owned the P3-AT a few years ago and had none of the normally associated issues. I put approx 400 rounds through it with no issues, other than a stinging hand, and carried it daily for about a year. Due to an unfortunate event I no longer have it... I do recommend the Mitch Rosen PSF that I carried it in. A couple photos with holster and a size comparison shot.
    PSF-Facing out is suede covered and was great at concealing.

Size comparison, still have the AFCK and it's been my EDC for many years now.

Feedback Score
    I use the Desantis Superfly for my P3AT. It's similar to the Nemesis, but with a removable anti-print panel:

Here's the Nemesis for comparison:

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Bought a PF9 about 6 months ago. even after a fluff and buff it was a jamma-matic with my usual 124gr HP Federals and my reloads. Before I decided to trade it in to some unfortunate gun shop I decided to try some different ammo. Got some 115 gr Hornadys and ran 200 rounds through without a hitch. These babies are way ammo finicky so don't give up without trying different loads of different bullet weights. I think they prefer the lighter bullets
    Last edited by vaglocker; 07-16-09 at 11:34.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

My Opinion about p3at

I bought a Kel Tec P3AT for summer front pocket holster carry for days that I could not carry my GLOCK 19. I put over 200 rounds through the pistol to break it in. I had a FTE about 2 rounds per mag. I had the pistol sent back to KEL TEC they replaced the guide rod with a steel guide rod and "polished the feed ramp" it was a shooty polish job. I still had FTE about on round every two mags.

My thoughts about KEL TEC well I would not trust my life with one. I owned a few other pocket semi autos and got rid of them all they just don't work all the time. My current BUG and summer front pocket carry is a SMITH & WESSON J-Frame 442 (NO INTERNAL LOCK). It goes bag every time, I shot it well and it will never jam. I will never look back on a pocket semi auto...Just get a J-FRAME

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Kahr pm9/cw9's are great in terms of comfort while shooting, very accurate, very reliable and very small (still a tad bigger than the two keltecs mentioned) After shooting the keltecs, the sig 232, the pm9, and the cw9, I feel the Kahrs are the perfect compromise.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by genegoesfast View Post
    Kahr pm9/cw9's are great in terms of comfort while shooting, very accurate, very reliable and very small (still a tad bigger than the two keltecs mentioned) After shooting the keltecs, the sig 232, the pm9, and the cw9, I feel the Kahrs are the perfect compromise.

Agree

Feedback Score
    I've shot a PF9.

Never a gain, slide bite, trigger didn't reset multiple times, deformed rounds, failure to extract, factory sights were wretched. The one I shot did run flawless after a trip to the factory. However new problems for me arise.

Factory sights are stupid, slide bite, uncomfortable recoil, I could visibly bend the frame with my thumb and index finger on the magazine well, didn't like the trigger pull.

The P3AT was pretty nice for what it was. I just hated the caliber and stupid sights.

Can't beat the weight though, but they aren't carry/combat material for me.

I'll stick with a Glock 26 or H&K P2000 SK in 9x19mm.
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Feedback Score
    I have an older P-11, and while it's not my favorite gun, for what I paid for it, it's been great. The trigger's long and heavy, and the sights aren't the best, but it's not meant for shooting @ 25 yards, it's meant for a BUG. Mine's been very reliable with the factory 10-round mags. I had to do a sandpaper/polish on the trigger face to get rid of the seam, and a minor polish on the slide stop to enable it to disengage with thumb pressure (otherwise it would only release with a sling-shot). Other than that, it shoots to point of aim, goes bang every time (I use standard-pressure 9mm Federal HS), and while it may not be the most comfortable gun to shoot for extended periods, it certainly does what it's intended to do reliably and effectively.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast