Thread: Is there a chart for barrel weights?

Feedback Score

Is there a chart for barrel weights?

As the title states, does anybody know if there is a chart out there that lists the weights of various lengths and profiles of common barrel types(like a 16" in m4, hbar, ad pencil profiles)? I'm thinking about a build and I am trying to decide what barrel I want to use. If there is no chart, would anybody know the weight of either a stripped 16" hbar or a 20" gov't profile. I'm trying to see if they would be lighter than a lightweight contour white oak carbine barrel which is 34 ounces(I know this is a weird assortment of barrels I'm looking at, but bear with me here).

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SoDak View Post
    As the title states, does anybody know if there is a chart out there that lists the weights of various lengths and profiles of common barrel types(like a 16" in m4, hbar, ad pencil profiles)? I'm thinking about a build and I am trying to decide what barrel I want to use. If there is no chart, would anybody know the weight of either a stripped 16" hbar or a 20" gov't profile. I'm trying to see if they would be lighter than a lightweight contour white oak carbine barrel which is 34 ounces(I know this is a weird assortment of barrels I'm looking at, but bear with me here).
    Try AR15barrels.com, Randall may have something there. That being said, a barrel's balance with your particular weapon is probably more important than its' weight.

Jay

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Bushmaster used to have it in tech notes.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanB View Post
    Bushmaster used to have it in tech notes.
    They still do. If you click on FAQ on their site and type in "barrel weights" in the search it'll come up.

Feedback Score
    Found it. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    They still do. If you click on FAQ on their site and type in "barrel weights" in the search it'll come up.
    Figured they did, I just didn't want to go looking for it.