Thread: If you had to rank them

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

If you had to rank them

I am wondering in what order would .38 special loads be ranked for a snubnose revolver? The reason I ask is because I have a particular snubnose that shoots the recommended loads either a few inches high, or a couple inches low. I was going to try some other loads to see if there was something that might hit closer to POA but I am not sure how the loads rank after the 135gr +p Gold Dot or 110gr +P DPX. I don't really want to waste my time or $$ on horrible loads. I will settle for something that might be off a few inches before I will settle for something that is absolutely horrible. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Grind the front sight...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    A few inches at what distance? If I had a J frame shooting a few inches off from the bench at the 25 I wouldn't touch it.

Feedback Score
    7 yards

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 167 View Post
    7 yards
    EDITUNDO
    Last edited by WS6; 07-30-09 at 19:49.

Feedback Score
    I have wondered that myself. I have had a few other people shoot the gun as well and they get similar results, but I am still not convinced it isn't me. Perhaps more testing is in order.

Feedback Score

Snub Nose

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Grind the front sight...
    After owning several S&W revolvers, I would have to agree. YOU ARE GOING TO DRIVE YOURSELF NUTS trying to find the perfect bullet that shoots to POA with a snubnose. Then factor-in the variation of ammo from lot to lot.

I personally used mine for a back-up/ ankle gun. Sighted-it in and practiced with-it regularly, with the choosen load.

I would have to agree with DocGKR. Pick-your load, then buy a case of the ammo and grind down the front sight.

SkiDevil
    Last edited by SkiDevil; 08-05-09 at 13:05. Reason: Correction

Feedback Score
    Ummm... he's aready shooting HIGH with all but one load he gave...

Shooting high is not caused by flinching, so forget my thoughts about flinching from earlier...

Grinding the front sight is not going to be the thing to do here... grinding the front sight will make it shoot HIGHER...
    Last edited by Glock17JHP; 08-05-09 at 13:42.

Feedback Score
    I think they meant pick a load that shoots low and then grind the front sight and forget about all the ones that shoot high.

Feedback Score
    Have you thought about the new 135 gr gold dot +p for short barrels? Has anyone else tried them?