Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "gas buster" charging handle for lefties?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

"gas buster" charging handle for lefties?

Does anyone make a "gas buster" type charging handle for lefties? Everyone I've seen vents gas out the right side of the gun, which in a left-hander's case would be right in front of the face.

Alternately, if anyone is left handed and has used a regular style gas buster, did it cause any problems for you?

Any and all informed opinions are welcome!

Feedback Score

ACLM Charging Handle/Ambidextrous

I would like to know the same thing. does anyone have any experience with the ACLM Charging Handle/Ambidextrous?

http://stores.homestead.com/Laruetac...ail.bok?no=304

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Country DeVil View Post
    I would like to know the same thing. does anyone have any experience with the ACLM Charging Handle/Ambidextrous?

http://stores.homestead.com/Laruetac...ail.bok?no=304
    I have one of these on it's way. It should be at my house monday or tuesday. I'll post an update once I receive it.

Mike

Feedback Score
    out of curiosity what are most charging handles made out of?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Aluminum. Not sure what grade.

Feedback Score
    85.00 for a CH ?!?!?! Does it reload the spent casings before they hit the ground too for that much ? Joking aside, what does this offer that a normal MilSpec CH doesnt for lets say avg 20.00 or go the LMt route with tact. latch for 30 i think?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quite obviously, it's ambidextrous, allowing shooters to use either hand, when shooting from either shoulder to run the handle....if it works as advertised...
    Last edited by RAM Engineer; 07-26-09 at 22:05.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by E53001 View Post
    85.00 for a CH ?!?!?! Does it reload the spent casings before they hit the ground too for that much ? Joking aside, what does this offer that a normal MilSpec CH doesnt for lets say avg 20.00 or go the LMt route with tact. latch for 30 i think?
    Apparently the LMT's were sold at an introductory price of $30 and now they are $45+ across the board...

Spooky

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    it's the same price as a pri gas buster. as far as what it offers over the normal charging handle (besides the obvious ambi operation), i did a writeup on it here:
    http://www.militarymorons.com/weapons/ar.access.html#ad

edited to add: a gas buster version is in the works, as i understand it.
    Last edited by militarymoron; 07-27-09 at 09:07.

Feedback Score
    Less gas in the face when shooting with a can.

I actually prefer a normal CH for ease of manipulation, since with the Gas Buster I'm pulling on the extended lever, while with a normal CH I'm pulling on the entire CH face.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast