Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "gas buster" charging handle for lefties?

Feedback Score

ACLM Charging Handle/Ambidextrous

does anyone own the ACLM Charging Handle? kimbermike did yours come in yet? just looking for a review from someone who owns it and or uses it.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Country DeVil View Post
    does anyone own the ACLM Charging Handle? kimbermike did yours come in yet? just looking for a review from someone who owns it and or uses it.
    click on the link i provided three posts above.

Feedback Score
    After reading MM's review a few months ago, I decided to use an ACLM in a recent carbine class.

The only part of the ACLM's function that I don't enjoy is that tension is required for the CH to actuate, not a big deal in the case where the BCG is locked back (I don't "sling shot"), but certain malfunctions (double feeds) can make the "lefty" function inoperable . This is more of a training issue and not the fault of the ACLM, you just have to remember to use the override when doing malfunction reduction.

One unexpected benefit of the ACLM is that it has less of a gap between it and the upper receiver than a standard charging handle, giving it some "gas busting" benefit when firing suppressed. It obviously doesn't redirect the gas flow to the left (or right for that matter) but does inhibit it a bit. I've done direct comparisons and it's noticeable FWIW.
    Last edited by rykyard; 08-01-09 at 22:58.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12