Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: About shotguns... honestly.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT D USMC View Post
    Forget about shotgun vs rifle. But what about shooting 5 or 6 shots from a carbine in the time a shot gun can shot one and get back on target.! Is quanity of this amount come with any quality? with M-14's we had a combat load of 120 rds. Along came the m-16 with a combat load with many more rounds. It was the perfect paper answer for more firepower. In reality I observied M-14's being fired from fairly good shooting positions in combat. Many actual films showed M-16's being fired one handed over or around cover with no sighting, etc

I am from the very old school, but I wonder about training courses with AR's using 1,000 rounds or more. This thread is not m-14 vs AR's but damn only the hits count!!!!

If you go to training and fire a lot of rounds your chances of making hits when the stuff hits the fan are a lot better. The guys firing one handed over or around cover were not trained that well.
    Pat
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I should find out more about current training (the bring 1,000 rounds) I visualize it as shooting alot of rounds at the same target.
    Most courses that get the nod from this forum have very stringent accuracy requirements. Not simply pumping rounds into a silhouette.

I train by shooting at multible siliouet targets at various ranges. I shot one shot at each as fast as possible with at lest one reload. I work at trying to deceide if the one shot hit the target and if in doubt I shoot at it again as quick as possible. I don't use double taps or long strings as other targets are waiting. I mostly use a M1a scout that I have built as light as possible. My theory once again is that getting a single hit in combat is an acomplicement and multy hits is usualy not possible.
    Getting hits under stress IS difficult. Hence the point of being able to rapidly acquire the same target and reengage.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Guys, let's keep it on topic- shotguns.

If there is interest in other aspects, head over to Training and Tactics and read and ask. SGT D, this isn't coming down on you, but a reminder for everyone. These are good questions if you haven't been exposed to recent training, but there are better places for it, and if someone is looking for shotgun info, this isn't going to do much for them.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112